Chapter 18

'Come on Darren, try to keep up' Darrius mindinkled his nineteen-year-old, fraternal twin brother as he ran across the pack borders.

'I'm trying' Darren mind linked as he ran behind his fraternal twin.

Darrius and Darren, the two twin Alphas of the Midnight Pack. Since both their parents died a few hours after their birth, the reason for a rogue attack, no one knew who was the older twin. So it was decided they both share the title.

They were both raised by the Beta's family, who handled the pack until the two twins were old enough to take over.

The two twins, having no other blood relatives, were close. They shared almost everything the other owned. Whether it would be pens, books, clothes, even underwear.

Though, there was one thing that everyone knew they couldn't share, their mate.

'Darren?' Darrius mind linked after he turned around to find his fraternal twin nowhere in sight.

'Darren, you can come out now!'

'Come on Darren, this isn't funny anymore!'

After a few minutes, Darrius got worried. Sure it was normal for Darren to space out but he has been trying to mindlink him for a few minutes now and he still wasn't answering.

Darrius quickly shifted behind a tree, grabbing a pair of shorts from the bushes and running back to the spot where he last saw his twin.

Darrius calmed down when he saw Darren, who was still in his wolf form, which got him confused as to why he wouldn't answer his mind links as it is stronger in wolf form.

Darrius then decided to confront him, as Darren had been standing there for quite a while, doing nothing but staring at something Darrius couldn't see as it was blocked by the tree he was standing behind.

"Darren, why in the world weren't you answ--

Darrius's words left his mouth as soon as he saw what his twin had been staring at. With his very own eyes, he saw a beautiful woman, who he immediately recognized as his mate.

She had mid-length blond hair that was as bright as the sun and green eyes that could match a field of trees. Her flawless face was staring turned towards Darrius and gasped at the sight of him.

"Mate!"

"Mate!"

Darren let out a growl as he saw the way the two looked at each other. As much as Darren loved his twin, this was his mate right in front of him and he knew he wouldn't share her.

Darrius's wolf sparked at the sound of Darren's growled and took it as a challenge, and as it's reaction, it growled back.

The two twins growled at each other for a while but stopped when they heard a sound coming from their mate's direction.

They turned around to find their mate lying unconsciously on the floor, probably fainted due to stress.

Both quickly agreed for a peace treaty for a while, at least until their mate was awake before rushing her to the pack doctor.

-

It has been a few weeks since Pearl had come into the pack.

Once she had transferred out of the Blood Moon Pack, she began living in the Midnight Pack.