Chapter 21

A lot of time has passed since the fight between Jack and Darrius and before they both knew it, it was a day before the date planned for the attack.

Darrius paced inside his tent, his thoughts filling up the silence.

What would Pearl say?

What would Darren say?

What would his child say?

He knew it was gonna be hard, especially for his child. He was pretty sure everyone thought that it was Darren's child, so imagine him coming up there and changing his child's life.

And Pearl, it's gonna be hard for her as well. Imagine her finding one of her dead mates was alive and that her child, the one she had been raising with her other mate, was his.

He sighed before letting out a loud groan and leaving his tent.

He needed to talk with Jack one more time, he needs some advice.

As he walked towards Jack's tent, he felt as if he was being watched. He could hear the whispers around him and thanks to his alpha blood, they were all talking about him.

"When do you think Rouge Jack is gonna tell Rouge Darrius?"

"I feel bad for him to man, I mean, I gotta admit that Rouge Darrius is a nice person."

"Rouge Jack said the attack is tomorrow, It's definitely going down tonight."

"Rouge Darrius had it coming though."

Darrius stopped himself, not wanting to hear more. He was overall confused at what his fellow rouges where saying.

What was Jack going to tell him?

He stood outside of Jack's tent, ready to enter when he heard Jack talking with some rouges.

"Alright, I'll tell him tonight, then tomorrow morning, we'll--- oh, hey Darrius."

Darrius gave them a fake smile before sitting down on Jack's bed. Darrius turned to them and noticed they weren't talking anymore. He began to urge,

"Oh don't mind me, please, continue."

"Well," Jack cleared his throat and clapped his hands, "I think we're done for today. We'll review the plan tomorrow morning before the attack, alright?"

All the rouges nodded and left the tent, leaving Jack and Darrius in silence.

"So, what were you guys discussing?" Darrius asked, his eyes looking forward.

"Well, we were discussing the plans for tomorrow's attack."

"Without me?" Darrius asked emotionlessly, as he turned his head towards Jack.

Darrius looked completely different, his eyes looked almost dead which surprised Jack. Jack scratched his neck before looking around the tent, looking to change the topic.

"Well," Jack said as he clapped his hands, "It's about dinner now. Why don't we have dinner together?"

"No thanks, I'm just gonna go back to my tent."

Just as Darrius was about to leave, Jack called out for him, causing him to stop.

"What?"