Chapter 20

A few weeks passed since Darrius was forced to leave.

Now, Darrius was hiding out, thinking of ways to get wolves to join his side and throw out Darren as the alpha. Then he'd reclaim his title and his mate.

Though, for that plan, he required wolves to fight by his side.

He didn't plan to hurt his pack, they haven't done anything wrong. He just needed reinforcement for the show. He couldn't enter the pack grounds, but the wolves could.

Suddenly, he stood up, his senses heightened. He growled as he heard the stepping of branches around him. He looked up to find himself surrounded by a pack of wolves.

The wolves began taking a few steps forward causing Darrius to take a few steps back. This went on until Darrius's behind hit a rock, making him fully surrounded.

Just as he thought they were gonna attack, all the wolves moved so that they were forming two separate lines with a space between each line.

In the middle of the line walked a tall man, who held emotionless eyes. He stared down at Darrius, who stood on his ground defensively, ready for any surprise attack.

"Shift if you mean no harm. If you choose to stay in your wolf form, we will have no choice but to attack."

Darrius turned his head to look at the other wolves before shifting back to his human form. He was handed a pair of clothes in which he thanked the person before changing on the spot.

"Let's talk in my tent, shall we?"

Darrius looked around at the wolves surrounding them and realized he didn't have a choice. He followed the strange man as the wolves trodded behind them, leaving him no way to escape.

Before entering his tent, the man gave his wolves a signal. The wolves nodded their heads before pushing Darrius into the tent causing him to stumble.

The tall man sat on the ground, a small table in front of him, as he poured some water into a cup. Darrius sat down in front of him, thinking it was the right thing to do. He handed Darrius the cup, which he gratefully took before pouring his own.

"So tell me rouge, what are you doing here?"

"It's a long story."

"That shouldn't be a problem. You are on my land, therefore, you must tell me your reason. You have been here for a while now."

"This is rouge territory, meaning for every rouge." Darrius implied, feeling a little confused.

The young man looked bored as he took a sip of his cup before placing it down on the table.

"Yes, but me and my pack sort-of... chased the other rouges away."

"Now, enough of this chit-chat," The man said firmly as he looked Darrius in the eyes, "What is your name?"

"Darrius."

"My name is Jack." He stated as he eyed Darrius carefully, "Now, why are you on my territory Darrius."

"I've got nowhere else to go."

"How come, you're an alpha aren't you?"