one ──── the usual

obito

i was walking along my usual path so i could get to the academy. i was going to be ninja someday afterall, not to mention that being the hokage is also part of that dream too! bu──t anyway, back to my usual path .. this particular path always ( always ) went by the hospital. i don't know how i found this path in the first place, but after a lot of trial and error. i did find that this path didn't make me as late.

and since i was taking my usual path i automatically thought it would be an ordinary day. an ordinary walk. An ordinary, well, an ordinary everything.

but, as per usual,

i was wrong.

there was something different about today, and that was the fact that there was a girl the same age as me sitting next to a wheelchair picking flowers while talking to a nurse who was accompanying her. and even though she was kinda far, i just knew she was pretty.

i honestlywanted to talk to her immediately. i mean, who wouldn't? she had a lovely smile on her face, beautiful ( color ) hair, and bright ( color ) eyes. not to mention that i can hear her childish laugh from all the way over here. besides! i already got a ton of questions to ask. one of them being about why a girl like her is in the hospital.

making a quick decision, i made an awkward sharp beeline to where she was sitting with her nurse standing just a little ways. ah yes, gotta love my impulses. though, even i knew i could make things completely and utterly awkward if i just stand there with a dumb look on my face.

"err- hi! my name is obito uchiha!"

did my voice just crack?! nooo! anything but that!

my loud introduction, nonetheless,, caused her to jump slightly from her spot as she quickly turned to me with a fierce blush coating her cheeks. this was not the usual for her.

so cute~!

my voice crack already being forgotten.

"what do you say back," piped up the nurse as she stealthily backed away from us──probably to give us some privacy, which i was, of course, ever grateful for.

"my na──name is y/n l/n! it's nice to meet you, uchiha──san."

she fumbled a bit with her introduction too. she didn't usually stutter, but she was startled after all.

"you can call me obito, but only as long as i get to call you y/n, ok?"

it was more of a demand, but i really wanted to call her by her first name. it was selfish, i know. but i couldn't help it. she looked really nice after all ( and super pretty ). a part of me wondered if i could ask her some of my questions now.

her ears started to turn the same color as her blushing pink face, "ok, o──obito," it was obvious she didn't usually call people she just met by their first name. in fact, it almost sounded like she didn't say anyone's first name at all.

with this thought in mind, i decided to leave her be for now. i mean, we will be able to talk all we want after i get done with class!

"i have to go to the academy now, but i'll stop by, ok?"

she nodded to me as i made a quick exit. my heart was pounding and i couldn't help but to smile brightly as i dashed away. i was glad that this wasn't the usual.