Valley. Part 2. Mistakes of the past, consequences of the present

Hey! Sorry to be bothering you guys

Hey! Sorry to be bothering you guys. I've rewritten the last chapter and this one of the story,  since I had a much better idea of how things should go. Sorry for the hassle. I'll be much more careful in the future.

The next day came, morning still dominated by the darkness of the night. Everyone woke up, preparing for another day and eager to know what will happen next.

You were all in the kitchen, enjoying a warm breakfast, you, Pure, Cody and Hornet helping the Doll with taking the chores that needed to be done. Slenderman's team was there as well, Jeff and Ben enjoying the service, acting like kings and treating the others like peasants, earning themselves a few slaps here and then but it still wasn't enough to get them to drop it. The food was delicious, warm and sweet, everyone complimenting it, Hoodie jokingly trying to get the Doll to come with them rather than return with you, James and the bugs. After breakfast, Ghost and Robby were quickly swooped by Splendor and taken to the basement where they were going to spend the entire day playing and keeping Ace company.

"I'm really sorry about disturbing your hydra, sir. I will go and g-" Slender said, but Olaf quickly stopped him.

"It's ok, sir. They are no bother at all. Ace always liked children and I'm sure he prefers their company compared to that of this old man." he said, smiling from ear to ear.

He was feeling much better that morning compared to the day before, but his back ached and his movements had gotten slower. His age was beginning to show and with it, a truth that everyone was blind to revealed itself, hitting them and disturbing the normality they were used to, like a rock sending ripples through still waters. Olaf was old, his time would soon be over, and so was Ace's. It was a painful revelation, one that they wanted to run from but there was no pat ahead to do it.

When all was done, you gathered with the others in the living room, the moment you were eager for and also dreaded the most having finally arrived. It was time to talk about Gertrude and what had to be done.

"Alright everyone." the Pale King began, clapping his hands out of habit.

Besides him, there were Grimm, the Radiance and Slender, his other two siblings having no interest in the situation making it clear to him and having left back, Trendy to his shop in a town of monsters, miles away, and Offender returning to take care of his rose garden back home. Slender didn't hold it against them. Were it not for the Valley, he would have abandoned them to their own devices as well, but he cared about it and the consequences that could happen if something went wrong there.

"I'd like to begin, if no one minds." he said, looking at everyone present.

No on opposed, curious and eager to find out what he knew.

"Very well, thank you." Slender continued. "I'd like to tell you all about the place Gertrude had gone to. The Valley. It is an ancient place where the Susurians, humans of old that lived in harmony with the supernatural, especially the gods and giants. It is the birthplace of the strongest magics in the world, ones...that I'm afraid humans have defiled already, disturbing its balance." he said, heading to the window and staring out at the scenery,