💖chapter thirty one💖

Monica

"I think I prefer this one", mom said taking the pair of socks from the shelf. "It's unisex and will be perfect for either a boy or a girl", she added.

I decided not to do a scan to check out the sex of my baby. Now, my eight months gone. Mom, Amber and I planned to shop for the baby's stuffs during easter since I will be due next month.

Though being pregnant isn't easy at all especially when you have to hide it from people, but my family made a alot easier for me. First semester wasn't too good but what was I expecting. I managed to make 4.21 GPA. Part of my dream is to graduate as the best student in my department but I really don't know how to go about it anymore. I'm just praying to be part of the best though.

"I like it too mom", I smiled, collecting the socks from her and admiring it. "Keira will love this dress", Amber sang in my ears.

"Who's keira?", mom asked, looking confused.

"That's what she keeps calling my baby", I sighed rubbing my baby plump. It isn't big, it's just the way I hoped it to be. Starting from when I was four months gone, I began to wear baggy tops and gowns. No one ever noticed it in school, only in church where few mothers congratulated me.

"Oooh, I see! So you both already named my grandchild without me, right", mom rolled her eyes.

"I haven't mommy, it's only her", I stated, pointing at Amber who just blushed. "I just have names written down for both sex", I added.

"Hope you also added native names", she said, picking up a cute snickers and throwing it into the basket. "Yes mommy. I added, both from ours and Raymond's", I sighed, rolling my eyes.

"#86,530 ma", the young lady said as mummy handed her ATM card to her.
"Safe delivery dear", she smiled at me as we were leaving, while one of the boys carried the stuffs. "Thanks darling, bye", I said, waving and smiling.

"Am so sure kiera will love everything we got for her. The dresses and shoes especially that tiara I picked out. And the flower socks and.... ", Amber kept on blabbing as mom drove.

"Babes, do you know with the way your calling this child everyday and every time, I will give birth before may comes", I teased, making both of them giggle.

"I'm just so excited to be a godmother. I will so much love her and her crazy mother. She will be pretty like me and... ", she continued to blab.

"Suit yourself sweetheart. By the way mom, can we stop at the yogurt shop please",

"Ok baby",

"Don't you want anything else?", Amber yawned, "cause I'm starving here".

Mom chuckled, "Of course, we will stop by the eatery before heading home".

...

I only carried the bags containing the yogurts while mom and Amber carried the rest. "yaaayy, time to arrange kiera's wardrope", Amber shouted, running upstairs to the room beside mine, which she officially made as the baby's room.

I and mom later found ourselves in the room assisting Amber. We bought alot of stuffs including diapers and toys for kiera. The room has been decorated since December when I was barely four months gone. One day, she came visiting with a custom-designed crib saying the earlier the better. The crib was really cute and I love it. She stacked it with soft pillows and few toys she came along with.

The top of the crib had stars and little toy animals hanging on it and she said it will help kiera sleep well.

I placed the diapers on the table along side with the baby oil, cotton wool, wipers, and other bathing things. I sat down and watched how mom and Amber arranged the rest of the stuffs.

"Don't you want to do baby shower?", she popped the question.

"And invite who?", I replied with another question.

"My mom and dad, and maybe Troy", she said blinking her eyes.

"Troy doesn't know about the baby and how do you want to explain it to him. Wait, is he even in Lagos?"

"Yeah, he came for easter lamenting that his mom wanted him to spent time with them".

"And you are just saying it", I rolled my eyes.  

"Sorry", I blew a kiss to me.

"Well, maybe my second pregnancy we'll have a baby shower, but now, nothing like that", I sighed, rubbing my back.

"Does it hurt?", she drew nearer to me, helping me massage my back.

"Yeah, the baby just kicked", I sighed, placing my hand on my small baby plump.

"OMG, can I.. ", she gestured to hear the moment of the baby.

"Sure", I took her right hand and placed it on my tummy.

"Wooooow, I'm beginning to love this", she giggled, removing her hand and placing her ears grinning wide like she won a lottery. "It kicked again", she screamed.

"Now, you are acting like a real father", I teased and we both chuckled.

7:45pm

I decided to make dinner after escorting Amber to her car.

"What is my favourite daughter cooking", mom said, using her nose to eat the meal.

"This one you are saying favorite daughter, mommy. Please how many daughters do you have that I don't know about", I smiled, stirring the pot of pepper soup.

"I have only you but still you're my favorite. By the way, that smells really good. Can't wait to have some",

"Thanks mom",

"It's been really long since we had cat fish pepper soup mom and I craved for one", I sighed, when mom gave me a strange look while serving the soup.

"Thought as much", she blushed. 

"Mommy... ",.

"Yes baby",

'Thank you, for being by my side even though I disappointed you. You never for once blamed me nor even ridiculed me... ", I sighed, my eyes forming up tears to pour down like rain on my cheeks. I really don't know why I suddenly got emotional.

"Hey baby. You are all have got and one mistake won't make me love you less", she smiled as a tear dropped. "So, let's dig in", she chuckled as she tasted the soup. "This is so good. You should start eating".

"Thank you mommy", I said blushing my cheeks out. I so much hate this hormones. This minute I'm all emotional and the next, I'm happy. Shit, can't wait to push out my little pumpkin.