Chapter 7 Elder Gutknecht

(Song Theme: Danny Elfman- Casting A Spell)

3rd POV.

As they finally arrived and went inside to the mysterious tallest building in town, hearing the thunderstruck crashing in the sky overhead. “Where are we?” Charlotte asked as they walked in to the tallest staircase. “This is a home of Elder Gutknecht. He's going to help us find the way to go up there.” Emmanuel explained as he's leading the way to the staircase. “How?” She still asked. “You will see once we see him.” He responded. They finally made it to a private library with glass dome roof overhead, the other glass long removed and the wire frame becoming resting tops for crows. The room was dark with dust and full of books piled up everywhere like no one lived there for a hundred years, then Scraps started barking. “Shh, Scraps.” Emmanuel whispered, not wanting the dog to cause any trouble to the elder. “Elder Gutknecht…are you there?” He called out, raising his voice slightly from whispering. “Hello? Is anyone home?” He still called out but louder. They look around to find Elder Gutknecht until the noise startled the birds from Charlotte accident knocking over the books. All the crows flew around the room and startled Scraps as well, barking at the birds, and a shadow skeleton hand appeared on the wall from the lantern swung back and forth as Charlotte gasped.

 All the crows flew around the room and startled Scraps as well, barking at the birds, and a shadow skeleton hand appeared on the wall from the lantern swung back and forth as Charlotte gasped

Then a skeleton hand reach up to steady it and turned out to be a hunched over skeleton coughed. The oldest skeleton than the other skeletons, Charlotte seen. “So that must be Elder Gutknecht?” Charlotte's thoughts. “There you are!” Emmanuel beamed, conforming Charlotte's suspicions as to who the skeleton is. Adjusting his half-moon glasses and looked down from his perch atop a book stand and goblet of wine. “Oh my boy. There you are.” Elder Gutknecht said. “I've brought my wife, Charlotte.” Emmanuel introduced. “What's that? Wife?” Elder Gutknecht asked in confusion, scratching his skulls. “Pleasure to meet you, sir.” Charlotte said, raising her voice higher for the old skeleton man to hear properly. “We need to go. Upstairs? To visit the land of the living.” Emmanuel explained the reason they came to visit. “Land of the living? Oh, my dear boy.” Elder Gutknecht spoke as he walked down the makeshift book stairs toward them. “Please, Elder Gutknecht.” Emmanuel begged. “Now, why you go up there, when people dying to get down here?” Gutknecht asked.