Chapter 9 Part 1: Vengeance and Battles

Luke's POV: 

"Alpha Luke, we should attack by sunrise." Beta Jack said respectfully.

"I know, Jack. Blood Lust will have guards all over the place." I stated as I rubbed my forehead with my hand stress fully.

"Alpha -..", Jack pressed on.

"Quiet! I know all of the risks. I've gone over them a million times. Mitch can not just steal Clare away like that. We can't let Joshua find out, he'll kill us all." I yelled, standing up and walking over to the map of Canada's forests. 

"Well Alpha, their pack territory is located around Bear Lake. How could we use that to our advantage?", Jack felt the anger and stress rising in the room. 

"I don't know! But we will prepare militias and we will fight soon." 

"Yes, Alpha." Jack bowed.

I could see the fear poisoned in his brown eyes. 

"Jack?" 

"Yes, Alpha?"

"Train the pack, but do not tell any information why, when, where, who, or how. If you do, you'll lose your place as beta. Understand?" I growled.

"Yes Alpha. I'll start training the pack now." Jack said and ran out the door.

Jack's POV:

        Alpha warned me of telling the other pack members. As horrible I felt, I couldn't lose my position as beta. I worked ten years for the label and wouldn't give it up easily. I sensed the pack was inside, probably cooking dinner and socializing. 

Of course all members have had 1 year of training. Everyone had to go through it when their pups. Alpha made sure everyone at least at the slightest clue what to do if under attack or attacking. When Alpha Luke mentioned Joshua, I felt the slightest shiver run down my spine. Most higher ranks knew where Joshua was, most lower ranks only heard and knew stories of him. 

Joshua - "Hey Jack, you up to some Alpha business?", Will asked, curious. 

I sighed. Will was always searching for a way to help out. "Yeah, Will.", I sighed again. I liked Will, but ever since he had shown worry for Clare, he was seen as weak. 

"Can I help?", Will asked desperately. 

"Could you gather the pack members and bring them outside in the clearing?" I asked.

"Of course.", Will took off running into the house. Everyone knew that Will helped out, so a few minutes later, members started heading out towards the clearing of tall grass and pine trees. 

After everyone was gathered, I stood in front of our 42 pack members. Elders, adults, teenagers, children and one toddler, stood before me. 

"Hello Cold Creek Pack members. Today, Alpha has decided that we should start training again. There is no reason, we just want to refresh your memory." I smiled and glanced over at Mia, who wore a knowing smirk on her face.

"Now, children, toddlers, you will be expected to try, but if you get tired, just come take a seat by me." I smiled kindly at the little members. 

Everyone looked nervous but ready.

"Ready? Shift and run the perimeter of the territory." 

The members smiled. This was too easy for them. I smiled back and we all shifted. My dark brown wolf was huge and powerful.

"We haven't run in forever."Zues, my wolf spoke softly.

I howled up and ran as fast as I could. 

I hope I could prepare them.

A/N:

Omigosh, 630?! I love you all so much and I'll start writing Chapter 9 Part 2 now, and I'll have 9 and 10 completeled and published by Thursday! Thanks guys and have a good break!

- Lindsey