Chapter 17: Hostile

Chapter 17:

Mitch's POV: 

        I slammed the frail, wooden door into the basement's wall. I had felt the flaming, burning sensation spread across my spine and coil around my shoulders and chest. Someone else was intimately touching Clare, and I didn't like it. Zeus bared is sharp, long canines and readied himself for a brawl of dominance. Mitch's eyes faded into a black and shined like a demonic presence. A low, deep, guttural growl emerged threateningly. I clenched my fists and my arms flexed, showing my muscles. 

        Will's pale, thin arms were wrapped around Clare's waist, and I could tell it was painfully, hurting her as much as it was burning me. Will's eyes widened when he saw me, and I almost howling with excitement to rip Will's cold, unworthy hands off of my perfect and innocent mate. Will's head whipped towards me and he quickly let go of her and cowered against the bed's mattress. Clare looked horrified and pained. As soon as Will unhanded her, she walked quickly towards me, I could see the blush on her face and she probably felt like it was her fault and that I was angry with her. The truth is, as hard as I could try, Clare could never make me mad at her. 

        Will shook with fear as he sat on the bed and looked down with embarrassment. 

"Good", Zeus thought,"We'll teach him the consequences of trying to be intimate with our mate."

        I started stalking towards Will, but a soft, small hand wrapped around my bicep before I could reach him. I turned around to see Clare looking terribly sad and frightened. 

"Mitch. Will won't touch me again. He was just being an idiot. He will not touch me again. Right, Will?", I glanced at Will to see him nodding very quickly, still shaking. 

"I promise, Alpha Mitch. I won't touch her again. I'm sorry. Please, don't ban me from the pack. I have nowhere to go. I will die or become a rogue..please, please, please." Will begged. 

"Weak. But I won't throw you to the rogues. If you touch my mate like that ever again, I,personally, will cut all ten of your fingers off and then I'll throw you the rogues Got it, William?" I growled as I turned back towards Clare. 

        I lifted my hand to her cheek and met my lips with hers. The kiss was passionate, and as our lips danced together, Clare ran her fingers through my black hair. I felt her smile against my lips. Then, we broke apart and I looked back at Will and smiled, making sure to make him jealous. Clare and I walked back to the door, which the handle had smashed a hole through the wall. I closed the door behind us, leaving Will alone and craving Clare. But I wanted him to crave her, because if he did try to touch her again, I would enjoy breaking his fingers, and then throwing him out in the unknown territories.

        I'm not morbid or gruesome..but once you hurt my mate, there is no forgiveness and no mercy.