Chapter 25

Carter

I made a promise to Mia. That's how I find myself driving three sullen young men and Benji to the shooting range.

They think we are going paint balling...and we are. I don't enjoy doing this, but it's my job to teach these males a lesson as Mia's guardian. Actually, who the fuck am I kidding I am so excited I'm almost giddy. This is probably one of the best days of my life. I'm smiling like a goon as we pull into the parking lot of the range. Benji is smiling as wide as I am and Trevor is side eyeing me from the back seat probably guessing this is not going to be a normal game of paint ball.

We head inside and I pay for all our rental gear and we suit up. I allow them helmets and chest plates because while Mia might be mad at them, she would be upset if I accidentally killed one. I send the boys outside to look around the course while Benji and I pick out guns. When we head outside my three victims are standing in the middle of the course filled with obstacles looking around. I whistle and they turn to face me.

Liam sees my intention quicker then the others. I think he is most like me so he knew my need for justice would result in something like this. He turns and starts sprinting away. Benji and I are too quick for him though. I shoot and hit him straight in the left ass cheek with a bright blue paintball. Benji is just as quick and nails him in the left calf at almost the same time.

Liam's leg buckles under the surprise and he falls. He's quick to get up and continue his sprint away. The other two idiots jump out of their shocked stupor and both take off in different directions. I turn left and hit Trevor in the back of his neck between his helmet and chest place. Benji turns right and nails Sebastian in his right shoulder. Benji and I let out matching war cries as we stalk forward towards our hunt. Best. Day. Ever.