Chapter 9- The Playlist

A/N: 18+ Mature stuff this chapter. Hope you enjoy :)

During lunch Jess finds me smiling.

"Woah. Did the math test go well?" she asks me, thinking that it was the reason for my happiness.

"No. I bombed it." I replied without a care for the world.

She looks at me, analyzing what could have happened.

"Okay stop it. This is freaking me out." She says to me.

"No I will not." I reply with a smile on my face.

"What? Okay. Then tell me what happened? Did Cam do something?"

"No. We actually broke up."

"Say what now?"

"Yeah. We realized that we weren't working out so."

"So that's why you're happy?"

"Sure", I reply to her. I wanted to end the conversation quickly. It wasn't that I was embarrassed about what happened with Serena. I was beyond happy. I was just unsure about what would happen next. I thought it was better to keep everyone out of it.

I look to my phone when it starts to buzz. It was Serena.

Hey :) –Serena

What's up? –Alex

Just thinking bout you –Serena

That's good. I was just thinking about you too –Alex

Are we still on for the library after school? –Serena

Definitely –Alex

Hey I don't want to seem pushy about whatever is happening. But I think we need to talk –Serena

Yeah don't worry. I think we should talk too –Alex.

I smile looking down at my phone. Jess notices and continues to stare at me with a questioning look. I continue to ignore her.

After school arrives and I see Serena looking down at her phone, worried. I walk up to her and she hugs me out of nowhere. I push her off.

"What was that?" I ask her.

"Oh I'm sorry. I didn't-" she replies but I cut her off.

"No it's just that people might get the wrong idea. I mean you're still with Jeremy." I reply.

"Yeah that's the problem. I'm sorry, I will be more careful next time." She states.

We walk towards to the library. As soon as nobody from school was around, I work up the courage to intertwine my fingers with Serena's. Her hand was soft, welcoming, and felt like I was made to place my hand there. She looks at me and smiles.

"So I just wanted to tell you that, I think we should... you know" she says to me.

"Keep it quiet?" I ask.

She nods.

"Yeah I think so too." I add on. "My parents wouldn't understand, and this is all new and confusing for me."