Chapter 11- In The Rain

I walk out of the school with my head hanging low. It had been a rough three days. My parents revealed I was an experiment to save their marriage and I ruined the only thing that makes me exceptionally happy.

Then, I see her. Serena in the car with Jeremy. This was my chance, my moment to win her back.

I call out to her, "SERENA"

She hears me, looking agitated. She whispers to Jeremy and gets out of the car. Serena reaches my space. "What do you want?"

"Look. Im sorry. Okay. Let's get back together" I say desperately.

She looks away, her eyes narrow and her lips tightly closed. "I don't know what has gotten into you lately. You can't just swoop in and act like a sorry makes everything better."

"But I am, sorry. Just take me back. Please. Please Serena" I plead to her, grabbing her arms.

She pulls away from me, leans in and says. "Look. You got something happening in your life right now. You wont tell me, and that's fine. But for our sakes, don't act like me getting back together with you is going to fix all of our problems. Alex," she holds my hand and says softly, "I do love you. And if you want to tell me, I will be here."

I look down, gently taking my hand back. "I... I just can't"

"Okay," she says. "then I'm going to go now." Serena walks back to the car and drives off with Jeremy.

Now I'm not going to lie to you, my plan that if Serena was with me again everything will be alright plan did not work. However, speaking to her gave me the realization that I needed to stop moping around and fix whatever causes problems in my life. I started with my parents. I told them that a court order on my custody was bogus. I told them that split custody was not going to work. I would alternate living with each of them and that they would need to work together in my life.

I left Serena alone for a while, knowing that she needed her space and I needed time to get myself right. After a few weeks Jess comes up to me.

"Did you hear what happened?" she asks me.

I look at her dumbfounded. "Hear what?"

"Serena broke up with Jeremy. For good this time. News was that she came out to him."

Oh my god I thought to myself.

"Hey Alex... are you okay?" Jess says, shaking me from my trance.

"What do I do?" I ask her.

"Well do you think you're ready to be in a relationship with her?"

"I mean yeah, I've got my life in order now"

Jess smiles at me, "then go get her" she says, pushing me away.

I race back home attempting to find the perfect way to say I love you, I'm sorry, and I want to be with you. It was quite hard. First though, I needed to come out to my mom. I walk into her room.

"Hi Alex. How's university applica-" she starts.

"Mom I need to talk to you" I say quickly

"What's up?" she looks to me worriedly

"I am... in love"

"Oh with Cam. Well that's good news. Did you tell hi-"