60

Copyright © MonMoncheese
All Rights Reserved
Published 05.05.2020

•••

JAMES

Stepping out of the car, I lock the doors behind me and the car beeps just as the front lights flash.

With that, I shove the keys inside the front pocket of my trousers and I take a step forward.

There was no way I could lie and say that I wasn't nervous.

It would be a complete utter lie.

I could feel my heartbeat, every single pound, every pressure in my chest, I could feel it. It was like a drumming, the noise drowning in my ears.

Running a hand through my brown locks, I feel a strange feeling at the pit of my stomach.

I'm here.

In the place where it all began.

Taking a deep breath, I let my eyes scan the mass of trees scattered throughout the park.

Walking through the trail, my eyes dart around hoping to see her.

But she was nowhere to be seen.

Did she...

She couldn't have, could she?

No. I shake my head.

I couldn't help but feel an emptiness in my heart at the thought.

But any doubt I had, is cleared away the second my eyes come in contact with a girl standing a few feet away from me.

I stop dead on my tracks and remain frozen in place. 

She's standing next to a row of flowers, her back facing me, but somehow, I find the sight to be truly enchanting.

That's her.

My Rose.

Her hair is down, cascading endlessly down her back bringing a memory of the first time I truly saw her.

If only I had known then who she truly was.

My body grows stiff as she starts swaying on the balls of her feet until she stops.

Watching her with curious eyes, I notice the lack of cast on one of her arms. But I cock my head to the side as she raises a hand to her face and wipes something away.

Taking agonizing steps in her direction, my breath hitches as I near her figure.

A few more steps and I would finally see her.

But the moment she begins to walk away, my eyes widen in fear.

With a frown etched on my face, I jog towards her, my footsteps thumping against the ground.

I wouldn't let her get away this time.

Not again.

Rose only manages to takes two steps forward before I wrap my fingers around her wrist, bringing her body flush to my chest in the process.