66

Copyright © MonMoncheese
All Rights Reserved
66 Published 05.20.2020

•••

JAMES

Closing the door to my room, I head straight to the bed. 

To say I was tired was an understatement, but it was all worth it when it came to her.

Everything would always be worth it for Rose. 

Placing the small bag on top of my bed, I take out my things from the pocket of my jeans and throw them on the bed.  

With no hesitation, I slip off my shirt and bring both arms over the base of my neck, enjoying the feel of my muscles being stretched tightly. 

With a moan of relief, I walk towards my closet and pull out a pair of trackies along with a t-shirt. 

After making sure my door is locked, I begin to strip out of my jeans until I'm only left in my black boxer briefs. 

Pulling the trackies up, I tie the strings in the front as they hang dangerously low across my pelvis. Throwing the shirt over my chest, I pull it down and head towards the bathroom. 

Stepping inside, I turn on the bright lights and walk straight to the sink. Catching my reflection, with the tip of my index finger I move aside the light brown strand of hair that seemed to have fallen over my forehead. 

Reaching for my toothbrush, I wet it under the water. Spreading the blue toothpaste over the brush, I wet it once more.

Closing the faucet, I bring the brush to my mouth. Just as I'm brushing my teeth, my mind drifts to the events from earlier, the way Rose had suddenly leaned forward.

I thought she was going to hug me, but I was wrong.

She kissed me on the cheek.

Bringing a hand to my cheek, I slowly touch the place she had pressed her lips on. 

Her touch still lingered on my cheek, and I recall the tingling sensation I felt. 

My face had hidden all the emotions I was feeling inside, but my heart had no shame in beating at concerning speeds. 

Spitting out the toothpaste, I rinse my mouth with the cold water and reach for the mouth wash. 

By the time I'm done with everything, my face is wet and I reach for a small towel to pat my face dry.

Throwing the total inside with the rest of the dirty laundry, I walk out of the bathroom. 

Walking to my bed, I take a seat and throw the duvet over my lower half as I reach for the Tifanny & Co. bag that was laying in the middle of the bed.

Bringing the cyan coloured bag to my lap, I slowly pull out the box. 

Inside was something I bought for Rose when I left her at the store. 

But after what happened, I regret ever leaving her. 

I shouldn't have done that.

It was a mistake. 

Those words she heard, they will only add to her demons.