Chapter 3

"I can't believe you're graduating today." you watched as Ami stepped out the door with a sad smile. "I know, it feels like the days passed so quickly. " She held your hand and you looked over, trying not to show how much her departure would affect you. "I'll be fine don't worry. "

"Even if you say that I'm still going to worry. " you smiled. "I wouldn't have it any other way." She return it as the both of you took off. Ami kept talking but your eyes circled the area.

"It's been quiet." you said cutting off her ramblings. Ami looked at you. "Are you still getting that bad feeling?" you nodded. "I can't explain it either. I've felt the presence of hollows before but this one is stronger, and it always seems to be all over the place. Maybe I'm just imagining it." You looked at the sky in wonder. Since the Captains visit you hadn't been able to shake the eerie feeling. It's almost like it was targeting only you. Since you seemed to be the only one who felt it. Even at the academy, no one moved as though they were affected. You started to think you were paranoid so you talked to Ami. She didn't even question you, just told you to trust yourself.

"Only you know what you're feeling (Y/N). That day when we were younger and that hollow attacked us, you knew. I don't know how but you did. If you hadn't freaked out like you did all those other kids could have been badly hurt. That reaper appeared just in time too. That's why, I've never doubted you. You have good instincts. I trust you and I trust them."

You felt like crying. "Damn it are you trying to make me a mess." you said rubbing your eyes as they welled up. She laughed, slinging a hand over your shoulder. "It worked!" she said as you continued on your way.

~~

The ceremony was pretty long. You watched as they gave the new members of the Gotei 13 their robes, as well as a document that appointed them to their respective squads.The Captains from all the Squads were there. Welcoming their new recruits. When Ami got the folder with her assigned squad you smiled. She rushed over to you grinning from ear to ear as she showed you the black robes. You touched them, staring in awe. You couldn't wait to graduate. "Which squad are you in?" you asked anxiously. She opened the envelope, pulling out the small sheet of paper. Her eyes drifted over the piece of paper. When they landed on something and she visibly tensed.

"N-No way.." she whispered out. You were worried now. "W-What!" you took the paper, eyes looking at what had her speechless. "S-Squad 8. I got put with the pink wearing womanizer!" she cried out. You almost burst out laughing when you realized the very man she was talking about was right behind her.

"Eh? Is that what you think of me Ami-chan~" she turned and he was smiling like a fool. He stepped forward placing a hand on her shoulder as he leaned in. Ami looked like a deer in headlights.

"I look forward to having you Ami."

His voice was low, and you had to admit, his tone even gave you chills. It was kinda sexy. He pulled back looking satisfied as he walked over to greet other members. Her eyes were still wide, cheeks possibly ten shades of red.

"Looks like you have an admirer A-mi-chan~" you snickered. " She let out an unsteady breath, walking away stiffly. You assumed it was to keep what little composure she had left.

~~

"This is horrible!" she sulked the entire way back. You really enjoyed it. Even though she seemed reluctant you had a sneaky feeling she was so angry because she kinda liked him. You'd never seen her so hung up on someone. Shunsui seemed to challenge her. Ami loved a challenge. "Quit whining, besides I think you guys make a cute couple. " She raged, shooting you a dead look. "DON'T EVEN JOKE ABOUT THAT!!" she bellowed. You waved her off.

"Ok Ok calm down." When she stopped complaining she finally looked at you. "Do you still...feel that hollow?" you shook your head. "Nah, maybe it saw all the captains today and got scared." Ami faced forward. "I'm supposed to move into the squad tomorrow. I-I don't like the idea of leaving you here without me. Maybe we should talk to the captains about it." you shook your head. "It's fine. Hollows attack here all the time. I'm sure they have someone keeping some type of patrol. That's what the reapers are for. " She didn't look the least bit convinced. "Quit worrying or I'll tell Kyoraku-taicho you have a crush in him. " you threatened. She stiffened. "D-DON'T YOU DARE!!" you smirked. "So you do have a crush on him." you jeered. Her face flamed.

"I-I...y-you.. SHUT UP!!!" she took off in a hurry and you just laughed.

"You're so easy to rile up Ami."