Chapter 5

~Squad 13 Barracks~

"How are you liking everything Ami-san?" the blond girl smiled at Jushiro. "It's really cool. I was telling (Y/N)-chan yesterday about my encounter with Madarame-san. You should have heard what she said. It was hilarious." Ami started laughing and Shunsui smiled from his spot when he looked over at the female reaper. "You really care about her." Ami nodded. "I love her, we're like sisters. I can't wait until she joins. She has so much potential." Jushiro gave Shunsui a look.

"We were actually curious about your friend. Her reiatsu it's unusual." Ami narrowed her eyes.
"What are you talking about Ukitake-taicho?" Shunsui moved closer, placing a hand on Ami's shoulder. "Have you felt any strange hovering around her recently?" Ami eyes shook. "S-She said there was a hollow looming around. D-Did you feel it to? I-Is she in danger!! I need to get back. I have to- '' All three reapers staggered back when a gust of wind swept over the area. A beam of light followed, shooting up into the sky. Ami gave a grunt, struggling to get to her feet. Jushiro and Shunsui moved to her side helping. All eyes directed to the red light that was now present in the sky.

"What is that? I-It's so strong.." Jushiro spoke in disbelief. Ami eyes were trembling. She gripped a hand to her chest. "(Y/N)...she's in danger.. " Shunsui was about to question the female but she was gone in an instant. "AMI-SAN!!" Shunsui called after her but she didn't turn back.

"I'll let the Head Captain know. Go after her." Shunsui nodded, both males taking off in different directions.

~Rukon District~

The hollow had been forced back by the light that erupted from your body. 

"H-How are you!! How did you control it in such a short time!!" the hollow roared.

You were standing now, but your body was glowing. There was red energy seeping from your body. You stared at your hands in amazement. "Am I...doing this?" All the other hollows seemed in tune on you now. They stopped, moving in your direction. You released a breath when some of the students who were still conscious took the opportunity to run away. You looked down. There were still a lot of people on the ground. You weren't sure if there were breathing or not.

"I need to get away from this area. If we fight here it could end up killing anyone who's still alive."

You knew what you had to do. You were the one who caused this. It was your responsibility to deal with it. "C-Catch me if you can stupid hollows!!" you yelled, flash stepping away. You glanced to your side when you saw all of them chasing after you. "G-Good. I should be able to hold off until actual help comes. I can do this!" you felt different. "Have I always been able to do this.." your thoughts were so jumbled. Your body was still glowing a red hue.

"How long do you think you can keep that up little girl." you flinched, dodging when you sensed a beam coming your way. It hit a tree close to your body. The explosion temporarily blocked your view. You recovered almost immediately, flipping over and evading another tree as you took off.

"Damn it...it's right. I-I didn't even know I could do this. How long before my body gives out." you shook the thought. "I just need to last long enough for help. I'm sure they felt it. Ami felt it. I just need to hold on." you repeated these words in your head keeping stride.

~~~~

"Ami-san!" she froze at the call. "Kyoraku-taicho!" he'd finally caught up to the girl. She was looking around the building in a panic. "W-Where are they!! I-I need to help her, I have to!!" Shunsu grabbed her shoulders. "Calm down." he said in an even tone. She finally looked at him. Her breaths evening out with the stare he wore. "Focus, you're the closest to her, so you have a better handle on her reiatsu. " Ami closed her eyes, focusing. She could see all the ribbons behind her eyelids. She could see one in particular that was glowing. Her hands reached out, grabbing it. "I got her!!" Shunsui smiled. "Let's save her." Ami nodded. They both moved, Ami leading. She drifted through the trees easily. The closer they got the more she seemed to recognize the area. "T-This is where we go to practice Kidos. " They came to an abrupt stop when they saw multiple bodies on the ground. Blood was splattered, trees damaged.

"What happened here.." There were so many injured, a few even dead. Ami dropped to her knees. "S-She's not here. W-What if she's already dead! (y/n)...(Y/N)!!"

"Shunsui!" the dark haired male turned when he heard his friend. Jushiro was present. Along with a few reinforcements. Unohana and Isane didn't waste a second. "Get to work!!" Isane said to the subordinates who seemed scared stiff. They all sprung up, running over to tend to the injured.

"Where is (Y/N)?" Jushiro asked. Ami shook her head with a hopeless look. "I-I felt her early, but I lost the trail I-I.." Jushiro understood. "You're scared. It might be hindering your ability to track her. Don't worry. She released a large amount of reiatsu. A few of the other captains aren't far behind. " Ami wore a relieved look. "We need to help her!" Ami insisted.

"We will." Jushiro assured. Shunsui's eyes stared at the sky. "Why isn't she here with the rest? I would think it would have been much easier to take her out here. Why move?" Unohana looked over. "There were a number of hollows here, there's no way she could have taken all of them on. Is it possible that she managed to get away and they followed. She was emitting a strong line of energy. Any hollow within the area would have reacted to that sheer burst of energy."

"Then she did get away. " Ami stood up with hopeful eyes. "T-Then she's still out there. "

Jushiro nodded. "Very much so. We need to find her quickly."

"We have everything controlled over here. " Unohana assured. Her eyes fell on Ami.

"Go and save your friend."