Chapter 8: Night Party 2.0

Y/n's PoV:

"Hey y/n, you alright?"Avani asked, concern washing over her facial expression. She slightly shake my shoulders to check on me.

I blink my eyes furiously, focusing them on her face before cracking a small tight smile.

"Yeah, don't worry about me! I'm defo okay."I raised my cup to make my words believable. To be completely honest... I don't think I'm okay.

She cupped my cheeks on a soft manner, I stared at her dark brown eyes while she stared to mine. Her eyes had a mixed of trust and worry, her eyebrows creased like she's checking if I'm actually alright.

We're having an eye-to-eye moment before she decided to drag me further to the the group of people having fun on this time of their lives.

Smokes— basically, from weed or cigarrettes are hanging rambunctiously in the air. I waved it out of my face once it turned a bit of overwhelming.

Our feet stopped infront of a guy; around the same age like everybody else here. He's wearing a black rock band t-shirt and underneath it is a black and white longsleeve. He gives off emo vibes on him especially with him being super skinny.

His face instantly light up when he sees the girl beside me,"Eyy Avani!"the dude chirped. They did a cheers by clinking their cups.

Avani then glanced at me and at him excitedly, "Chase, I want you to meet y/n."she pushed us each other a bit hard than neccessary. I almost tripped my arse on him and kiss him but thank god that didn't happen cuz that would be hella awkward. With his fast reflex, he pulled me to him so we're basically chest to chest.

"Oops."Chase whispered jokingly before straigthening our stance. I step back cautiosly.

"Whoa whoa, we're going fast here aren't we?"Avani suggestively commented, her eyebrows waving in amusement.

"Avani!"we chorused together. Ugh, this is so embarrassing. I wanted to cover my face so bad.

Jesus. They don't have to ship me with anyone who breathes near me. It's weird.

I felt my shoulder became heavy so I looked up just to see Bryce, putting his arm around mine as if were really friends while Josh was staring at Chase in a not-so good manner. Where did they come from?

Chase groaned, "Um, I think I'm gonna go. I have to use the lavatory."he excused himself before exiting the scene.

Well... as if the conversation can get more awkward. He's kinda cute btw, but in my opinion, it was so obvious that he just made up the excuse.

"What's up with him?"Bryce whispered to us but we all shrug.

Damn, I don't know if he's just so comfortable right now or what, but Bryce is literally so close to my face. I tried to cover my nose with my hand to lessen the smell that I'm breathing in. I bet he's drunk as hell because he smells like stanky beer so bad.

And I wasn't wrong when I saw a Corona (the beer, not the virus) on Josh's hands. They've been drinking but it looks like Bryce the only one who's drunk because Josh looks okay and he even tried to smile at me.

"Nice fit."Josh mentioned while eyeing me after drinking more like spilling the beer all over his body.

There's a minute of an uncomfortable silence of slurping and drinking sound coming from Josh, until Avani excused us from the two and pulled me to the crowd of bodies dancing to blaring music.

"That was uncomfortable, deadass."

The song was electric and upbeat, and I liked how it was. Avani was dancing with another girl with blond hair. I was standing infront of them like a statue because I don't know what I should do.