~Chapter Three~

ECLIPSE'S POV

Walking over to her tarp, the first thing Eclipse noticed was a baby Dark Dragon. The boy holding it was feeding it berries, and petting it's furry head. "Hi!" he said cheerily.

"Hi...?" Eclipse replied

"I'm from the Wasteland!" he said "Where are you from?"

"Daylight Prairie!"

"Cool! Is it true that you keep mantas for pets?"

Eclipse gasped "NO! They are an intelligent species! Would you keep one of your friends as a pet?"

"Uh, no, good point," he replied. Then little Dark Dragon flew up to his shoulder and honked.

"Dark Dragons HONK?" Eclipse exclaimed.

"No, she's just trying to talk. So far the only thing she can say is-"

"DIE SKY CHILD." The Dark Dragon interrupted.

"Uh, creepy." Eclipse shuddered, imagining the full-grown Dark Dragons in the Wasteland.

"Yeah, sort of, but you get used to it," The boy replied, "Anyway, my name is Rayem, what's yours?"

"Eclipse!" She replied.

"Hello, Eclipse!" He looked around. "It seems our group only has two children in it!"

"I noticed!" Eclipse replied, "Maybe your pet Dark Dragon counts as a person?

"Perhaps!" Rayem said, petting the Dark Dragon's nose.

"ALL CHILDREN OF LIGHT, PLEASE GATHER AT THE CLIFFSIDE"

Rayem and Eclipse rushed to the edge of the cave, and a spirit explained their exercise for that day. Eclipse spotted Zaira talking to two girls, almost identical in looks.

"Looks like Zaira is making friends!" She said.

"Who's Zaira?" Rayem asked Eclipse.

"One of my friends!" Eclipse replied. Then she walked to the edge of the cliff, and jumped off backward, righting herself in the air. "Come on out here!" She called out to Rayem.

He set the Dark Dragon (Named Ao) down on the cavern roof and vaulted off. He launched off, drifting along on an air current. Eclipse flew into a swarm of birds and heard a shout. Looking back to the cavern roof, she saw a group forming on it. She and Rayem flew back and landed on the rocky surface. Scared murmurs wove around Eclipse and Rayem.

"What happened?"

"They just... disappeared?"

"Is this part of the lesson today?"

Eclipse looked at Rayem and he shrugged, as if to say, I don't know what happened either. The spirit that had been coaching the lesson shouted over the crowd.

"Everyone! Please teleport home! A Sky Child has gone missing!"

Sorry for the cliffhanger!!