~Chapter Fourteen~

SUNNY'S POV

The silence. It was deafening. Sunny assumed Rayem and Eclipse were in just as much shock as she was. AN ELDER? Was the only step her brain seemed to be able to process. But which elder? Edna told them that there was some kind of ceremony that would reveal which future elder they were. And the shadow poisoning. Wait. Shadow magic. Someday, she would rule a realm. No. No way! She wasn't ready for that! She was fine with the whole 'Master light and shadow magic' thing, but NOT WITH BEING AN ELDER. Edna told them it wouldn't be for a while, but Sunny still shuddered at the thought.

"Oh, and one more thing," Edna told them, "The only way for us to learn shadow magic is from Mez. She's one of the Eden elders."

"WHAT!?" They all shouted.

Edna shrugged "It's true. Onyx told me the only way to unlock shadow magic is to be touched by the Eden elder's shadows. Mez is the only known shadow child here in the sky kingdoms, so she had to have done it."

Eclipse made the decision for all of them. "Well, tomorrow at the gathering, we can confront Mez."

"Be quiet," Rayem hissed as they crept up to Mez's tarp. She was calmly eating papaya, staring out on the quiet forest like all the other Sky children. Meditation was the topic of that gathering. Every sky child was working toward summoning their light. The trees hid Rayem and Sunny, allowing them to sneak up on Mez.

"I really don't like this," Sunny whispered. "She's too calm."

"Too bad" Rayem replied. Rayem rushed from behind the tree and grabbed Mez by her black cape. For some reason, she stayed still, allowing Rayem to quietly haul her away from the gathering. When they set her behind a different tree she sat criss-cross and looked up at them. "I assume you know who I am, brother."

"What?" Rayem asked, confused.

"As soon as you touched me I could tell. You are my sibling. I suppose Sol is like a brother to me... You're the light elder of Eden," Mez replied, pulling out grass from the base of the tree, "Look at your spark, It's gold, no? Rayem fumbled with his mask and pulled it off. His spark was gold. Mez nodded "As I thought. The ultimate proof. You are an Eden Elder. That day you thought you were poisoned by shadows was your own inner shadows reacting to the summoning of your light. Once you balance your magic, it will turn silver." Rayem stumbled back, putting his mask back on. Mez looked sideways at him, not bothering to change position. "Not for a while." She reassured him.

Sunny sighed. "Mez. Can you please teach me and my friends shadow magic? Apparently, we need to know how." Mez looked up.

"Fine. Under one condition."

"What?"

"You include the other two future elders."

"Who?"

"You will see in due time. I will find you for your training. Farewell!"

This was a really boring chapter so I'm going to do a double update today! It was mostly revealing secrets and adding info.