~Chapter Thirteen~

EDNA'S POV

"How did you know that?" Edna demanded

"Years of wisdom." Said Onyx, the tall shadow child

"Practice." Answered Rea, the smaller one said at the same time. The two looked at each other. 

"Doesn't matter," Onyx said "But please answer my question. Who else has been touched?"

"Three of my friends," Edna answered. 

"Well, you had better answer our questions then, we have information about the shadows," Onyx told her.

"Are you here to take this knowledge?"

"No, why would we?"

"Then why are you here?"

"To find out what the shadow magic did to me and my friends."

"Ah. If I tell you what you need will you leave?"

"Fine. But why?"

"This place is sacred to the Children of Shadow, and most people come here to abuse the knowledge of the past."

"Why would I do that?"

"You tell me."

"Fine. When will you tell me all of the information I need?"

"After this, at the secret garden."

The secret garden was an oasis, tucked among the hard stone walls of the vault. The ground was carpeted in sunset flowers and soft green grass. To one end was a crack in the wall covered in a shimmering barrier. When Edna arrived there, she thought she was alone, but the Onyx seemed to melt out of the shadows. 

"How did you know I was here? The tunnel is completely dark!" Edna asked her.

"Darkness is not an obstacle to a child of shadow," Onyx replied mysteriously. "While Children of light prefer it to be brighter." 

Edna sighed. 

"Can you please explain about this shadow magic?" 

"Ah yes, art originating from before time, when light and darkness were one and the same. Some children strayed toward darkness, others towards the appealing light. The sparks on their forehead were the only way to differentiate between the children. Learning the arts of one or the other required a master of sorts, and the elders of Eden were made.

"Two children, both skilled in shadows and light were nominated. The stars gifted them immortality, not being able to be killed by old age. They taught and ruled for many years alongside the other kingdoms. Everything was in perfect balance. Then the dark ruler got consumed by shadow, causing the kingdoms to fall. The once-mighty capital of the sky kingdoms was overtaken by darkness, and both elders disappeared. I believe only one lives on, in disguise, healed, searching for their other half to restore balance once again.

"The Elders of the other realms were some of the Eden elder's closest friends. They each choose a realm to look after until balance and peace came again. But, sometimes, they will have to look to the stars, and choose a new elder. That includes the reincarnated Eye of Eden elder. Now, for the shadow magic, every elder needs to master both light and shadow. Being touched by a shadow is the only way to unlock shadow magic." 

Edna gasped, "Does that mean me and my friends are destined to be elders?"

Onyx nodded, "Since you were born."

"What about the Eden elder?" Edna asked.

"They don't know, but the only way you will be able to know is that their spark is gold, like yours. All elder's sparks are gold." Onyx replied, "And it should be someone you know well"

"Got it," Edna said. 

"One more thing. The children of shadow are not forgiving. They are resentful, and strife to do harm to the future elders. Be careful" 

THERE YA GO! SOME COOL LORE! (Or terrible lore hehe)