I think I love you.

"Do you want to explain how you two...?" I raised both of my eyebrows and took a glimpse at Jungkook behind Yeonjun and Yoonah and found him at a safe distance, still studying hard. 

It was a Saturday. The sun shone a lazy yellow hue as the 3 of us gathered around a table in an almost empty convenience store with drinks.

"I wanted to tell you the day we were hanging out with Hanlim but Beomgyu..." Yoonah glanced toward Yeonjun when she said the name. 

"Ah! That's why you were there," Yeonjun clapped his hands together, finally figuring it out.

"And earlier, a customer walked in so I've been missing all the chances..." Yoonah continued on. "The thing is..."

"I like her." Yeonjun blurted out so suddenly.

What

"WHAT????"  I screamed and Jungkook looked up toward me with those confused puppylike eyes. I immediately smiled at him to make him feel more at ease, but against what I had hoped for...he put down his pen...stood up and started walking toward me. 

Oh no.

I glanced back at Yoonah, whose mouth widened as she turned her head to stare at Yeonjun with blushed cheeks. Yeonjun, on the other hand, was staring back at her with a soft smile. 

What is this atmosphere. What is this whole situation!!!! 

I nervously glanced toward Jungkook again and saw him less than 2 meters away now. Wait wait wait..! I have to first explain how this....!!

"Hello Sunbae~ I am Hana-noona's boyfriend!" I was on the verge of saying something desperate but Jungkook was faster.

Yoonah turned her head around the other way and now stared at the 17 year old in both confusion and astonishment. She was already too shocked by what Yeonjun had said a minute ago. Now this. 

"Jungkook?" 

Yeonjun knew him. 

"Oh...sunbaenim...Yeonjun..?"Jungkook's eyes settled on Yeonjun and brightened with elation. Then he started bouncing up and down with a wide smile revealing his two bunny teeth. "Yeonjun hyung!!! You still remember me??!!"

"O-oh yes of couse, you were doing great as a trainee!" Yeonjun said enthusiatically, but still in shock, "But..a girlfriend?" 

"Yeah!" 

"No!" 

Jungkook and I shouted at the same time. I felt his eyes fixed on me. 

"No?" He asked with such disappointment in his voice that I couldn't bear to look at him. "Noona..."

Why did I have to make the situation like this...why didn't I reject him in the hospital?? Why couldn't I?? Why do I have to reject NOW, out of all the other times?

"Noona..why?" Jungkook steadied his voice now. I inhaled deeply and turned to look up. 

His face was still round and his lips now pouting slightly, making him look like little boy...it was the same Jungkook I know from that day at bighit. Yet the disappointment in his eyes...I can't help but remember..

Under the hazy sun, a pair of penetrating gaze flashed through my mind. From then on, that pair of eyes overwhelmed my mind. Despite the fact that I was staring at Jungkook, I was unable to pull myself out of my own delusion.

The pair of eyes that were red, on the verge of tears that day under the cherry blossoms. The pair of eyes that drooped down in desperation as I uttered "I don't know." The pair of eyes that looked like a suffocated teddy bear. 

The pair of eyes that said "I love you."