I can't help it. (BEOMGYU's story)

"Beomgyu."

While Kim Hana was in the showers, Soobin came up to me again. 

"Do you know what you're doing?" The last time he spoke to me this seriously was when I read the personal letter he wrote for me in front of everyone. 

"I..."

"What about us? What are you going to do with your job?"

I didn't know what to say.

"I can't..I can't help it, hyung." 

Soobin's brows furrowed. My expression was probably too helpless and vulnerable. 

"Beomgyu," He sighed. "Beomgyu..." 

He wanted to say something but seems like he couldn't bring to courage to say it.

"I'll always be here, so it's okay." Soobin finally said after moments of consideration. He reached his hands out to ruffle my hair. It reminded me of my own brother. 

"Hyung..." I suddenly felt guilt rush into my heart as Soobin flashed a rather bitter smile and walked away to leave me alone in my thoughts. If those sasaengs did caught recognizable photos of me...not only would the life I tried so hard to earn be ruined, Soobin, Taehyun, Huening, Yeonjun, and even Hana...

I called Yeonjun stupid, but aren't I just the same?

"Thank you for the shower..." A small voice travelled from the bathroom and I saw a nest of jumbled wet hair appeared into the living room. Without thinking much, I picked up a white towel from the pile of clean laundry and walked toward her. 

"Huh?" 

As I plopped the towel onto the head that barely reached my chin, Hana looked up in a daze. Although her makeup was all washed away, her eyes were still as round and as clear as a cat's. 

"Water's dripping on the shirt." I avoided her gaze and couldn't think straight. The shirt I thought that would fit her was almost dangling off her shoulders and the trackpants were flopping around and dragging on the ground. 

"Oh..yeah, sorry." She apologized and ruffled around her hair using the towel. "Also...where should I sleep?" 

She looked at me again and, unlike talking to Soobin hyung, I had to lower my chin to look her in the eyes. Underneath that sharp, mesmerizing stare, her lips glossed in soft pink under the lights. 

"U-oh, uh that room--" I pointed robotically to the left. 

"Where's the bed?" She stepped into the room and couldn't recognize the bed under all the layers of cardigans that were thrown on top. 

"It's underneath the pile." I walked in to collect the clothes.

"Ahh I see" She came up and started helping. As she helped in silence, I can't help but catch a glimpse of her lashes that fluttered in the rhythm of my heartbeat. 

Her words rang in my ears. 

Because I like him.

She said that in front of the others. 

I like him.

I really can't help myself...the lips that are now only 20cm away from mine. I want to subtract the distance between you and me. Would you mind?