Mine and My Toys

How could I have been so stupid as to let Denver, Denver of all people get the drop on me? God if Martin and Marseille could see me now.

This was utterly embarrassing.

Tokyo was eyeing me the way a cat would look at a particularly annoying mouse.

"Tokyo." I began coolly, raising an eyebrow in her direction, refusing to let myself be intimidated.

"Lux." She mocked, a sneer on her pretty face as she circled me. She couldn't quite contain her glee at seeing the way I was tied up and I bit back the sigh that wanted to escape my lips.

Was all this really worth the money?

"What's this about?" I questioned, affecting a bored tone, even though my heart was racing inside of my chest, why had they done this to me? What did they want?

"I think you know what this is about." She said, the duh implied.

"Why would she know anything, Tokyo?" Río interrupted, looking at the door as though expecting Berlin to walk in any minute. He was sweating bullets, and he kept staring from me to the door in nervous, jerky movements.

"Because I was watching her when Berlin mentioned planned Chernobyl. She's Berlin's little puta, aren't you?" Tokyo stroked my jaw with her gun, and I pulled my head back, not answering her. "I've been watching her since the moment we closed the doors to this place. She knows more than she's telling us."

Rio looks as though he's going to interrupt again, but Tokyo plows on, "Aren't you a bit curious? About why Berlin seems to like her so much?" Rio doesn't answer that, but by the look in his eyes, I can see that a part of him agrees with what she's saying.

Tokyo turns back to me, narrowing her eyes in sudden concentration. I brace myself, expecting everything but the question that escapes her mouth.

"He doesn't look at you the way a father would, so you're not his daughter. An ex-wife perhaps?" She taunts, cocking her head slowly.

"Why do you care, Tokyo? Jealous? There's really no need, we can share." I sass, tone saccharine sweet. There's no way in hell I'm telling her anything, especially not about plan Chernobyl.

She sneered in disgust, "I'll pass, old men aren't really my thing."

"Of course not, you like them twenty years younger don't you? Bit sick isn't it?" I sniffed haughtily, eyes flitting to where Rio stood, his face flushed in embarrassment.

"At least I get to screw Rio, Berlin would rather play with Ariadna than touch you." Ouch. Well, so much for not trying to be so obvious with my little crush.

Denver was staring at us the way a spectator would, I almost imagined him eating his popcorn as he took in the show.

"You've got it wrong Tokyo, and Berlin can screw whoever he wants, trust me when I say, I don't care at all about who or what he does." Someday I would stop lying, however, today was not that day.

"Hmm. Somehow I doubt that, but I guess we'll see what Berlin has to say on the matter. Rio, Denver, let's go." With a tilt of her head, her two loyal dogs followed their mistress out, leaving me in the dark office, closing the door behind them.

I debated screaming. Someone had to have noticed my disappearance already, right? Fuck.

///

Moscow was the one who found me. He looked shocked when I told him Denver had been the one to tie me up and the one who'd hit me, stuttering apologies as he untied my ropes. I ignored him, privately thinking about what a terrible job he'd done, raising his son. "We need to find Nairobi. Tokyo went after Berlin, she's going to do something stupid unless we stop her.