✒XII

Adam

   I roar in pain. "Ow!" I exclaim. "That hurts," I tell her as she cleans my wounds. "Sorry," she simply says as she places the down the towel.

  "Thank you dear," Mrs. Potts thanks her gesture. "It's alright," she looks at me. "But can I ask you all a question?" she says and Lumiere tells her, "Anything Mademoiselle."

   "Why do you care about him so much? He done this to all of you. Right?" she states her question. "We looked after him his whole life. That is why we care," Cogsworth answers.

   "But he is cold hearted," she points out. "You see dear. When the master's mother died, his father took that sweet lad away and twisted him up to be just like him. We did nothing but watch," Mrs. Potts tells her the story. "I'm sorry," the girl apologizes. "Don't be sorry," Cogsworth cheers her up.

   "Let him sleep," Lumiere whispers before they leave me alone. I look at the girl one last time. She gives me a sincere and beautiful smile. It made my heart soften.

   I toss to the other side and sleep.

   "Good morning," the girl greets me as she walks into my room. "Good morning," I mumble to her. Cogsworth, Lumiere, Plumette, Mrs. Potts and Chip walk in as the stand behind her.

   She sits at the corner of my bed and asks, "How are you feeling?" "Better," I admit to her. She nods and smile to me. I can't help but grin back to her.

   She faces Mrs. Potts and asks her, "What happens when the last petal falls?" "The Master remains a beast forever," Lumiere explains. "And we become -" he is interrupted by Mrs. Potts, "Antiques." "Knick knacks," Lumiere says and Plumette adds, "Lightly used houseware." "Rubbish. We become rubbish," Cogsworth tells her.

   "I want to help you," she tells them determinedly. "There must be a way to break the curse," she says. "Well... There is one," I hear the voice of Cogsworth.

   But I hear a metal clanking sound. "That's not for you to worry, lamb," Mrs. Potts tells the girl. "We made our bed and we must lie on it," she tells.

   I suddenly feel a petal fall. The girl looks at me. I stare back into her green eyes. She is worried about me. But why?

   "Hurry Mrs. Potts. We shall make breakfast," Lumiere escorts them outside. "I'll stay here," the girl declares and I look at her surprisingly. "You will?" I ask and she nods.

  "Okay puppet," Mrs. Potts says and they all leave me alone with the girl.

   She checks if I have I fever. "You have no fever, thank goodness," she tells me. "Why did you want to be here with me?" I ask her. "Because I don't want you to feel alone," she says.

   "Why where you so scared last night on loosing me? I locked you away. Why were you scared?" I ask her what is bothering me. "Because they need you. I see how they worry about you," she explains. "Plus, no one deserves to die. Not even you..." she saysm "Thank you," I tell her. "No problem."

   Then awkward silence.