✒XVII

✒Adam

   "I haven't danced in years," I say and Diana agrees, "Me too." "I almost forgotten how it feels," I tell her. We stare at each other for awhile.

   "It's foolish I suppose. For a creature like me to hope that one day you might learn your affection," I state and she tells me, "I am not sure." "Really?" I surprisingly say. "You think you can be happy here."

   "Can someone be happy when they aren't free?" she asks me and I look down. "I miss Belle and Maurice," she admits. "Would you like to see them?" I question and she furrows her brows.

  I offer my hand and she takes it. I lead her to the west wing. We go to my room. I give her the magic mirror. "Tell it what you want to see," I instruct. "I would like to see Maurice and Belle." The mirror reveals them being pulled by some people. "Oh no!" she exclaims.

  "What happened?" I asks "They are in trouble," Diana tells with a worried tone. My heart aches for her. "Then you must go?" I say and she looks at me in shock. "You must go to him. No time to waste. You are now free."

   She gives me back the mirror, but I hand it back to her. "Keep it. So you will always have a way to look back to me," I say and she tells me, "Thank you Adam." She runs away.

   I change back to my old clothes and walk to the rose. "Well Master. I've have my every doubts on everything is moving like clockwork. True love really does wins the day," Cogsworth says to me. "I let her go," I tell them. "You what?!" Lumiere and him exclaim in unison.

   "Master, how could you do that?" Lumiere questions. "I had to," I answer and Cogsworth asks, "Why?" "Because he loves her," Mrs. Potts says it for me.

   "But why aren't we human?" Lumiere asks and Cogsworth replies, "Because she doesn't love him. And now it's too late." "But she might still come back," Plumutte motivates. "No. I set her free," I tell them. "I'm sorry I could do the same for all of you. Now go. Our time has almost passed," I apologise to them.

"I was the one who had it all
I was the master of my fate
I never needed anybody in my life
I learned the truth too late
I'll never shake away the pain
I close my eyes but she's still there
I let her steal into my melancholy heart
It's more than I can bear."

"Now I know she'll never leave me
Even as she runs away
She will still torment me
Calm me, hurt me
Move me, come what may
Wasting in my lonely tower
Waiting by an open door
I'll fool myself, she'll walk right in
And be with me for evermore."

"I rage against the trials of love
I curse the fading of the light
Though she's already flown so far beyond my reach
She's never out of sight."

"Now I know she'll never leave me
Even as she fades from view
She will still inspire me
Be a part of everything I do
Wasting in my lonely tower
Waiting by an open door
I'll fool myself, she'll walk right in
And as the long, long nights begin
I'll think of all that might have been
Waiting here for evermore," I sing as I climb on top of the castle and watch her leave.

    "I love you Diana... I love you for evermore..."

   After several minutes, Cogsworth comes to me. "Oh excuse me Master. Sorry to disturb you but -" I interrupt him, "She is not coming back." "No. They are breaking down the doors," he says. "It doesn't matter now. Let them come," I tell him.

   Suddenly, I hear footsteps coming to my direction. I didn't move due to the weakness of my heart right now. "Hello Beast," says a man voice. I look at the man. "I'm Gaston. Belle sent me," he tells me.

   "Are you in love with her? Did you honestly think she want you?" he asks me. A bullet hits my back and I roar in pain.

    I fall down the roof.