✒V

Diana

   In the morning, I wake up at 5:30. I sigh and sit up my bed. I suddenly see my old clothes from the orphanage. It triggered a memory.

  "Okay kids. There will be some visitors. Be ready," Madame Victoria informs us. I quick change into my favorite blue dress. I fix my hair to look presentable.

   Once the visitors arrive, we all are ready. They start to play with the other kids but not me. I go near them but they still ignore me. "Hello," I greet them. They look at me but play back to Jessica.

   I run back into my room and close the door. I look at the mirror and say, "Am I ugly?" Madame Victoria comes in and tells me, "No, you are not, Diana." I embrace her and cry on her arms. "You're day will come."

   After fifteen years, no one adopted me. "Diana?" Madame Victoria knocks on my door. "What?" I ask her. "Since you are eighteen now, you have to leave the orphanage," she tells me and I ask her, "Don't you want me?" "I'm so sorry Diana," she simply tells me.

   My tears start to flow down. I wipe them furiously and begin to pack. "Diana," she calls out and I shout, "Leave me alone!" She sighs and lets me pack in peace.

    "Why would no one want me?"

   I was disturbed by a horse sound. I look at the time and see it's just six in the morning. "It's too early!" I say frustratedly to who ever let their horse go. I sigh madly.

  The horse neighs again and I realize it's a familiar sound. "Philippe!" I remember and rush to go outside my house. I slip on my living room. "Ow!" I shout in pain, but I quickly recover.

  I head out and see Philippe trashing around. I grab the horse's halter. "Philippe, it's me. Diana. Calm down," I calm the horse down. He still trashes around. I grab his head and stare into his eyes. "It's me Diana, Philippe. It's just me."

   I look at his back and didn't see Maurice or Belle. "Where is Belle and Maurice?" I ask and he neighs loudly. "Do you know that I don't speak horse?" I tell him and he starts looking at outside the village. "But I have an idea. Take me to them." I ride at Philippe's back. "Hiya!" I shout and he starts to gallop outside the village.

   I look at the back and see the village getting smaller and smaller. I pat Philippe as gallop. He starts to head into the woods. "Are you sure they are here?" I ask him and he neighs. "Well. I'll just have to trust you."

   In the middle of the woods, it starts to snow. I watch it with curiosity. "Snow on June?" I wonder. I stop Philippe, unsure if he is going to the right direction. "Are you really sure?" I ask him again and he madly neighs. I sigh before he goes ahead.

   Somewhere on the ground, I see a music box. I halt Philippe and go down. I hold at my mouth in horror. I look in front of me and see the carriage.

  I grab the music box and look at it up close. "It can't be his," I wish but when wind-up the box and it starts to play a familiar music.

  "Maurice," I gasp. I put the music box in my pocket and ride Philippe again. "Go faster Philippe," I said determinedly.

   A castle comes it to the view. The castle is dark and spooky. The gates are wide open. Philippe stops in scaredness. I go down and just pull Philippe in the castle.

  "Are they in here Philippe?" I ask the horse and he neighs lowly. I tie him to the horse stable. He neighs in distress again and I shush him. "It's alright. I'll be back."

   I look at the intimidating castle and gulp. I grab a strong firm branch and hold it as a weapon. Walking to the door, my heart keeps beating rapidly. I breathe in deeply before opening the door.

   I walk in the castle and immediately see a big grand staircase. "Wow," I whisper in the air. I cautiously walk further in. I look around and see how beautiful the place is. It's full of gold.

  "Break the spell," I hear a french voice and look at the corner. "Who said that?" I ask and just see a beautiful clock and candelabra.

   I walk to it's direction and observe them. "I swear I just heard something," I tell myself. I grab the candelabra and look at it's beauty. "Cool."

  I suddenly hear a loud cough. "Maurice!" I exclaim as I run up the staircase. I hear a cough again and follow its direction.

   I see a spiral stairs and go up. "Maurice!" I shout as I run up the stairs. As I reach the top, I see a dungeon. I place the candelabra in the side and hold Maurice's hand. "Diana! How did you find us?" he asks. "Diana!" Belle surprisingly says. "Your hands are cold!" I point out.

  "Diana listen to us. This castle is alive. Now go before he finds you," Belle says and I ask, "Who?"

  And I hear a loud roar.