Chapter 42

~~~Ember's POV~~~

Ares led me deep into the woods, away from any prying eyes. I thought back onto waking up in the pack hospital. I had no clue why I was there until Aoralia informed me.

Apparently shifting took a while and when she and I were talking on a different plane, time seemed to slow down. While it only felt like minutes to us, it was about 1 week in reality. I was shocked. I was out for a whole week? No wonder Jaxson and Ares were going crazy!

I had to stop him from killing Ashley. I hate the girl, but it looked like everyone else was too afraid to step in, and I knew Jaxson would feel badly about him and Ares killing a pack member. Even one so spiteful and unpleasant.

Aoralia yipped and pranced, bouncing in my head as we walked behind Ares.

Come on! Let me out. I want to meet him! Let me out, let me out, let me ouuuuut!

Are you a toddler now? I snickered. She grunted at me and decided to weasel her way into the forefront of my mind. Taking control, she stopped walking as Ares tensed, noticing the change. His back ramrod straight, fists clenched as he fought to control himself.

Aoralia walked towards his unmoving form. She trailed her fingers down the back of his arm as she walked around to face him. Ares' eyes were pitch black, his whole-body trembling in need to pin his mate to the forest floor and have his way with her.

"Hello my handsome mate." Aoralia purred. She looked at him with eyes of a seductress as she continued trailing her fingertips over his skin. Tingles sprouting from wherever she touched.

Stop teasing him Aoralia.

He growled softly, capturing her form with his eyes as he drank her in. Looking at her from head to toe.

"You left me." My heart broke at his words. Oh Ares. Even if I am, in essence, his mate; Aoralia was his true other half.

"Not on purpose, my love. Are you not happy I have returned?" Ares eyes widened as if he was scared, she would suddenly disappear.

"No!" He shouted reaching to her. "I never want to lose you again. You are mine, forever." Aoralia backed away before he could grab her, eyes twinkling in mischief.

"You have to catch me first, dear mate." She shifted instantly and sprang away, sprinting through the thicket. A monstrous howl followed and then the sounds of said monster crashing in the brush behind us.

Really? You have to tease him so much?

Oh, come on! He needs to loosen up! His whole pack was petrified of him! This will teach him how to have fun! A little game of tag. Aoralia laughed in glee as she galloped on.

Yeah, a game of tag that could end very badly if you refuse to give him what he wants. And I know you, Aoralia. An alpha never gives up.

That's not the same scenario! He's my mate! I can be submissive! I snorted at her false words.

Yeah, and I can be a frilly little girl who loves pink and dresses.

Oh hush. I need to concentrate. I roll my eyes at her and settle quietly in the back of our mind. My eyes alert and watching as the scene unfolds.

Aoralia had put a lot of distance between Ares and us since she caught him off guard. It also helps that she has alpha blood in her veins. If we were a normal ranked wolf, this would have been over almost instantly.

She sprinted around tress, hopping over logs as her senses brought her to a stream. Hoping to wash her scent, she jumped in and paddled to the other side. She crawled back out, shook her fur out and started trotting upstream.

A longing howl broke through the air, causing birds to scream and fly from the trees.

Aoralia come on! He just got you back what if he thinks he's losing you again! Aoralia stopped to think about my words. The alpha in her not wanting to give up the game, but she could feel the longing of her mate. His worry.

Ugh! Fine. He's no fun. She pouted before changing direction.

She slowed her pace when the sounds of breaking brush reached her ears. She sported a wolfish smirk on her face as she decided on what to do. She crouched down, waiting, until she could see the outline of Ares' bulking figure.

She sprang forward, leaping in the air towards him. He turned just in time to see her land on his shoulders, pulling him to the ground as they rolled together.

Yeah, submit my ass.

Getting up they shook themselves off as Ares stared at her in indignation. He growled at her, not pleased at this little game she had played. She just huffed and trotted around him in circles, breathing in his scent.

I don't think I'll get used to having my wolf back. The heightened senses and walking on four legs. I have missed it. I pushed forward a bit but still let Aoralia have control, as I took in his scent. The fresh scent of the forest after a rainstorm, with an undertone of cinnamon. God, he smelled amazing.

Aoralia stepped forward, breathing deeply as her eyes darkened in lust, Ares' eyes matching hers. They circled each other, sniffing, until Aoralia stood completely still. Ares growled as he took in the scent of her arousal.

He brushed her with his shoulders as he continued circling her closely. She tilted her head to the side as she looked at him in the corner of her eye, as he stopped at her hind end.

He pressed his muzzle up against her slit as he inhaled more of her pheromones. Growling, he began to lap at her. Aoralia's legs buckled as her mate pleasured her. She collapsed, belly on the ground as he took the opportunity to mount her. She snarled, snapping her head to the side, at his quick positioning, annoyed that he was being so forceful. But he gave her cheek a quick lick before locking his jaw on her neck to hold her in place. He entered her slowly, letting her adjust, before thrusting into her harder.

Aoralia let out a groaning growl as the pleasure inside her built. Their souls connecting further in the final act of mate-ship. Ares was attentive, constantly nuzzling her neck and cheek, giving her little licks. It was a complete change from the domineering wolf. As they both reached their highs, Aoralia tilted her neck, giving Ares the access be so desperately wanted.

He sank his canines deep into her neck. Blood spurted from the wound as he took a deep drag before pulling away and sealing the wound with a lick. Not to be the submissive alpha, Aoralia quickly bucked up, sending a startled Ares off her as she spun and latched quickly onto his neck. Her canines sinking in as the bond strengthened tenfold. She felt Ares presence in her head, his surprise at her sudden marking, as she pulled her fangs out and licked his mark. He shuddered under her.

They nuzzled one another for several minutes before curling up around each other on a bed of pine needles, exhausted from the events that had taken place.