Chapter 50

"Again. Ember focus" Sean's demanding voice cut through her. She was honestly ready to deck him. They had been training for hours now, trying to improve both her powers and her strength. She was exhausted. Mark had left yesterday evening and stayed overnight at a hotel. He enters Dimitri's pack this afternoon after spending a few hours talking strategy with the warriors he brought.

To keep Ember's mind off what was happening, Sean decided a training session was in order. At 4 fucking o'clock in the god damn morning. Ember was unimpressed to say the least especially when Jaxson simply chucked at her dilemma and then rolled back over and went to sleep. They started with a ten-mile run that morning. Then moved on to strength training and are now focusing on her powers.

She has made steady progress but is worried because her emotions seem to play a big part. Her powers seem weaker right now than if she was angry or in danger. Dread and anxiety churn in her stomach that when the time comes to need them, she won't be able to conjure them up. Aoralia has shown and discussed how to pull certain energy from her body and focus it and her thoughts to envision what she wants done.

She can grow a fireball in her hand with no issues. She can electrocute whenever she needs. She can manipulate the elements to her advantage. Everything is going great except spells for protection and telekinesis. Aoralia has been trying to teach her how to block other spells from affecting her. How to put up a shield or just manipulate the caster's spell on another object.

It has been tough. She has had successes and failures and can't quite come to grips with what she does right or wrong. Sean knows she needs practice more than anything and then it will become second nature.

"Come on Ember focus!" Her teeth grind together, trying to keep herself from lunging at the infuriating alpha. He sees her agitation and wants to see her give in to it.

"You won't survive this battle if you can't access your powers!" Ember let out a shrill scream of anger as she raises her hands out in front of her, pushing a ball of energy into Sean. The impact making him fly back into a tree. She was heaving for breath, eyes dark with fury rescinding to guilt as she gradually becomes aware of what just happened.

"Shit! Sean are you ok?!" She runs over to Sean as he groans trying to get up off the ground.

"I should really second guess myself before making you angry." Sean shakes his head to clear it. "That'll hurt for a bit."

"Sean I'm so-" Sean interrupts her.

"Ember I was trying to make you angry. You need to learn why it's easier to conjure when you are angry. What did you change?"

Ember's eyes glaze over as she tries to remember what she did. She doesn't really remember anything other than the feeling of being really angry. It's like she blacked out. She shakes her head at Sean feeling defeated.

"Aunty Em!" Ember whirled around to see Jaxson walking towards them with a squirming Hope in his arms. He sets her on the ground as Ember kneels, opening her arms wide. The little girl giggles as she runs into them. Ember scoops her up into her arms, kissing all over Hope's happy face. Aoralia purrs in content. Relishing time spent with a child.

"How are you baby girl? Were you good for your uncle?" While Sean was training Ember, Ashton was getting all the equipment ready for Mark's surveillance. So Jax swooped in to steal Hope for a little play time. He and Alex decided to let her choose the activity they did. So, fairy tea party it was. Alex vehemently declined dressing up which Hope was sad about. They quickly turned her frown upside down by dressing Accalia up instead. She loved it. Her tongue lolled to the side as her muzzle turned into a wolfish smile. She basked in the attention from the tiny person.