#runaway.

———

———

"baby you ready?!" chris calls out from downstairs as you strap up your other heel, checking you appearance one more before hurry down the stairs.

"yea i'm ready, i just have to grab my purse." you mumble walking over to the stand next to the door where your purse sat.

"okay let's go- what?" you giggle your eyes meeting chris, who's face held a seductive look as he walked over to where you stood.

his hands gripping your waist as he kissed your lips repeatedly. "damn you look good..shit never fails."

he moans as you giggle pushing him back.
"thank you baby, now come on before we're late for our reservations."

he nods opening the door as you walk out and over to your side of the car, he quickly comes up behind you opening the door as you shake your head. his hand coming down to slap your ass as he closed the door running over to his side.

he gets in, smiling at you before starting the car.
"i love you."

smiling at his choice of words you sigh, leaning over to kiss his lips. "i love you too."

———

making your way towards the restaurant chris takes a right onto chestnut when a cop car appears behind you. thinking nothing of it chris continues to drive, his hand on your thigh as he bops his head to the music that played on the radio.

your suspicions fuels when you see the cop follow you through another turn, eventually turning on his lights as chris looks up through the rear view mirror.

"man...what the fuck is he on?" chris sighs smacking his lips as you say a silent prayer to yourself.

your mind immediately going to the worse once you see a white cop emerge from the car. you grab chris hand firmly as you try to figure out what to say.
"chris please just.. cooperate. don't do anything stupid to make him pull that gun out his waistband..i'm scared."

you speak quietly as he is rubs your hand.
"baby we're fine, this won't take long at all. just their usual boredom pull overs."

he shrugs it off making you even more worked up.
the cop finally approaches the car, knocking on the window as chris sighs rolling it down.

"good evening, might i ask why the two of you are driving around these parts of two this time of night..and do you have license and registration?" he asks looking between you and chris.

chris chuckles to himself dropping his head. the white man takes his flashlight out, shining into the car as you and chris shield your faces do to the bright lights.

"well if you must know..me and my fiancé were on our way to dinner. it's eight thirty five and this was a short cut to the restaurant. you making us late for our reservations as we speak." chris retorts irritation evident in his voice as the cop sighs.