15. Friday Night Week Five (the party.)

I opted to leave my jacket in Eli's bike and just as I turned to walk up the lawn to Noah's house, Eli grabbed my wrist and turned me to face him. He was leaning casually on the side of his bike, a sight for sore eyes.

"My next fight is Friday," he told me, dropping my wrist and crossing his arms across his chest. Okay, so same time next week.

I nodded, "okay, I'll be there."

"Rei...," he trailed off, hell no.

I put all my weight on my right leg, putting my left hand on my waist in the sassiest pose I could muster. "No," I shook my head, "I'm not having an argument with you on this. I said I would help you, you agreed and so I will. End of story Eli."

He looked reluctant but nodded his head anyway before his eyes flickered to something over my shoulder, he wiped his face of emotion in response to whatever it was.

I turned around and saw Noah stomping over to us, he looked annoyed. Oh shit.

"Where the hell have you been?" He practically shouted, "I've been worried sick."

"I-uh, something came up."

He nodded his head in Eli's direction, "with him?" He sneered.

I felt Eli stand up straight behind me, "wanna say something to me, Baker?" Eli's voice was hard, telling me he was probably glaring daggers at Noah over my head right now.

"Yeah, actually I do," Noah gently pushed me to the side before standing directly in front of Eli. They both had their backs straight, Eli's arms still crossed, Noah's down by his sides, his hands fisted. They were around the same height and build and the sight of them squaring off was enough to intimidate anyone, I decided not to intervene yet, maybe this was needed.

"You need to stay the fuck away from her Ryker," my eyebrows furrowed at Noah's words, huh? I mean, sure, Noah had become protective after what happened but he had never been like this. "I couldn't save Sienna from you but I sure as hell won't let you hurt Rei." Oh, so that's what it was.

Eli gave Noah a smirk, not the cocky one I had become so accustomed to but a dangerous one, that dared Noah to do something, "make me, pretty boy."

Well then, I guess I was going to have to intervene.

"Well, okay then," I shimmied my way between the two boys, my back to Eli and my hands on Noah's chest, "now that your pissing match is over, I suggest a drink. Soda obviously for you Noah," referring to how he couldn't drink anymore.

However, my words did nothing in relieving the tension, if anything I felt Eli straighten even more against my back. I rolled my eyes, of course they would ignore me. But I didn't want them to fight so instead I removed my hands from Noah's chest, I swear I felt Eli relax a fraction at this but chose not to read into it. Instead, I reached behind me and grabbed Eli's hand, he intertwined our fingers making me smile slightly — he had done that a lot tonight.

I patted Noah on the chest, "cool off out here, yeah?" He looked down at me and gave me a curt nod understanding he couldn't be at a party when he was like this, I kissed his cheek before tugging Eli behind me into the house.

The house was packed and I tightened my hold on Eli's hand as I shoved my way through the crowd to the bar. When we got there, none other than the birthday girl herself was doing shots like they were water.

"Reiii," she slurred when she saw me, wrapping her arms around my neck, "where've you been?"

I shrugged, "around."