Chapter 10

(Tw: lots of violence and death topics from here...its pretty graphic)

Three hours passed by and no one came up. Y/n is in the interrogation room bleeding, black and blue. The cops tried to squeeze more information out of her but she wouldn't budge. They grew tired and just started beating her with a baton. Her body is giving out. The human body can only handle so much. Her body limps, only her cuffed hands keeps her from sliding off the chair.

Y/n is in so much pain, but she is glad inside that John isn't showing up. He is still safe from these blood thirsty pigs and that gave y/n peace. She doesn't want to be saved, if that means John would be at risk.

Shawn walked over and hits y/n again. He lifted y/n's chin up and said, "He doesn't seem to care about you, hmmm....thats a shame...i thought I'd be one step closer to catching my antelope but alas he doesn't care about this filthy girl."  Y/n knows deep down that John cares about her, there is no questioning it. Would a man who didn't care bring  her to his house and aided her? No. She couldn't believe she is making John go through the pain of losing a loved one again. She made a promise and she couldn't keep it. "Why...am i so weak?" She thought.

There is a loud explosion coming from down stairs. Shawn looks at the cctv and turns out a man had broken in with grenade. "GIVE HER BACK ITS ME YOU WANT! I WOULD GLADLY BLOW THIS PLACE UP BUT I AT LEAST HAVE A SENSE OF MORALE UNLIKE YOU MOTHERFUCKERS! LET HER GO!"

Y/n couldn't miss it, its John. Shawn ordered his men to shoot. A rain of bullets started to be fired. Y/n gets paranoid. Shawn and the rest of the cops went down as well ,except one. She can't see anything since she is on the second floor. John will definitely get shot.

Y/n wanted to scream and shout and punch these bastards but she knows if she does that she will die. And one dead person is better than two. The bullets were loud. They were shooting everywhere frantically. Soon, the cop in the room walked to y/n, he pointed a gun on y/n's head "Well its tine for you to disappear, we already caught our antelope now its time for his little rabbit to die "

Y/n looks up. Her eyes wide full of fear and despair. She can't believe its going to be the end of her life. She stares at the barrel on her forehead and closed her eyes. She thought to herself "They're gonna murder me and make it as if i took my own life huh....sigh...how did i get here...my body limp and bloody....I haven't done anything in my short y/a years of living....i guess this is how it ends."

She closes her eyes and reminisces about her past, her life flashes before her eyes ,as she meets her demise. His hand on the trigger ready to end her.
She was fidgeting in fear yet calm and accepting if death.

bang

Y/n opens her eyes to find that she is still alive. The cop is on the floor, blood pooling on his arm. John stands on the rooms door way, his suit covered in bullets. A couple of bullet injures are on his legs and arms making him bleed quite much. John made his way to y/n limping and grunting from all the bullet wounds. " *huff* Don't worry about *huff* Shawn and the other cops, I wounded them enough so they can't move." He used an axe he found to break y/n's cuffs. "Lets get out of here before reinforcements come" John huffed. Y/n is weak from being battered by the cops.

Shawn and his team were wounded.  It was a spectacle how he could dismantle and entire office of He. He had two hand guns an a steady aim, demobilizing an army of pigs. "I'LL GET YOU ANTELOPE!" Shawn screamed as a writhes . He is honestly surprised at his speed, maybe he really is a super soilder. Although, Shawn didnt get to arrest him, he was still satisfied. "Antelope" destroyed property and injured cops. He is now a criminal with charges on his back.

John decided to carry y/n in his arms. He limps as he carries her down the fire escape on an alley way and crawled around to find a decent hiding spot. John places y/n on the concrete behind a dumpster. He sits, takes off his helmet and gasped for air. He pulls out the first aid kit and prepares to band y/n up. "N-no, you should-d save that for y-yourself." She begged.

"You're first priority!"John exclaimed as he quickly wraps her bleeding arms and adding disinfectant. He also cleaned her bloody face and added band aids on the cuts. He gave her water to calm her down. Only then he wrapped his own legs and arms. It was shocking how resilient he was, it's probably the adrenaline and the desire to save y/n that gave him superhuman powers.

He then hugged y/n and cried. "I'm so glad you're alive, i thought i would lose you." Y/n could feel his hands shaking as he hugged her tight. Y/n is also shaking. They both just had a near death experience. The adrenaline still in their system, their hearts raced to pump oxygen. Y/n cries as she held on to John. "I am so sorry, I-It's all my fault...please forgive me" y/n wailed. She shivered in fear as she clawed on to him

John held y/n's face, he was furious that they beat her up like that. He grazed y/n's face and said "i will never forgive them for this..I should've just killed them, but I couldn't, I don't have the right to take a life." He would do anything to avenge his lost friend, but take another life. He saw death first hand and doesn't want to see it again. The fact that he almost witnessed another death broke him...he thought what would happen if he didn't arrive in time. His joints feel weak and he feels like he is going to fall over.

Y/n held John's teary face. She gave her a loving expression even though her eyes are still gushing. She stares at his beautiful hazel eyes, thats hides a significant brokenness. His sweat glistens under the street light. She sees this man, who had saved her countless times and protected her from harm, the only "friend" she truly had, a broken man who went through so much.

The trauma they shared with each other is uniquely theirs. She realizes something in her heart. The gap between them was small enough that she could smell the sweet mint coming from his mouth. His tears steadily sliding down his cheeks. It broke y/n's heart

John looks at the girl would live for. The girl who filled that emptiness in his heart. Her sorrowful eyes pulled John closer. He could feel the heat coming out of her mouth. They are so close, their noses are almost touching. John wonders what her lips feel like. Y/n slowly crawled her hand behind John's head and leaned in

Then he felt it, y/n's soft lips against his. Their eyes close as their souls intertwined. In the middle of chaos and fear they found refuge in each other. John had a revelation, he realizes how deeply he has fallen in love with y/n. It's no denying it. Y/n heart, overflowing with unspoken love finally spilled over. She never felt more free and liberated.

The world spins as their hearts fluttered like butterflies bursting out of their cocoons. They tighten their embrace as they feel each others energy. It was more than just love, its support and mutual understanding from within that made this encounter so much more beautiful. And there they were, in an alley way, all wounded, all silent and they have each other. Where they shared their first long passionate kiss that felt like an eternity.

~

( :,) )