two.

third person's pov

"oi oi oi! games already early in the morning?!" y/n tsked to the two-tone haired guy that just got out of his gates, psp on his hands. not having the urge to speak, he just spared the girl a glance and got back to his game.

both then started walking their way to nekoma high. the walk was quiet until kenma started walking sideways, not noticing he was already walking outside the boarder of the sidewalk and almost getting hit by a black van.

thankfully, y/n was there to pull the pudding head back to the sidewalk. she didn't notice the shy boy's flustered face tho.

"now i understand why tetsu was begging for his life about this," the girl mumbled.

"what did you say?" the boy asked furrowing his brows, now back to normal.

"uh— nothing, i said you really need to stop playing while walking," she smiled sarcastically, but the boy complied anyway putting back the gadget to his bag.

"why are you following me by the way?" kenma asked with a rather bored voice.

"i'm not following you. we go to the same school, with the same year, in the same class remember?" she tried to explain.

"no. i mean, weren't you waiting for me outside my gate?" he caught the girl off guard.

"well about that, i— i actually just got out the— wait. why am i explaining this to you? shouldn't you just be thankful because i was there to save you earlier from being hit?!" y/n glared him, causing the poor innocent boy to look back down to his shoes.

"tha— thank you by the way, kuroo," kenma spoke with a voice anyone could barely hear.

"what?! what did you say?" the girl placed a hand beside her ear, trying to tease the flustered boy. now nervous because she requested for him to say it again.

"just kidding, i'm just messing with you," y/n chuckled as she placed her arms across his shoulders, obviously failing because despite kenma being the not-so-tall in their volleyball team, she was only by the level of his shoulders.

"now we better get there fast or we're gonna be late." she dragged the boy not noticing the pink that was flushed across his cheeks, the closure so foreign to him.

1. walk with him to school — check✔️