birthday boi. (special chapter)

third person's pov

october. other than y/n's favorite season, it's her favorite person's birth month.

she was patiently waiting for the clock to hit '12 so she could finally greet kenma a happy birthday not even knowing if he's already asleep right now. she just wanted to be the first person to tell him. i'm sorry, baby

but everyone was already asleep and the neighborhood was ghost quiet so she'll have to keep it down and silent.

which led her to a not-so-brilliant idea she's about to demonstrate in

3...

2...

1...

again, she tied up her curtains, opened the window, and started throwing tiny pebbles from her window plants to kenma's window. fuck romeo and juliet

"kenma."

"baby?!"

"kitty boi??!!!!"

"kenmaaaaaaa!!!!" she whispered/yelled.

not too long, a pudding head opened up his window while rubbing his eye up like a baby. awwwwweee

"finally!" the girl fist pumped through the air and finally moving on to the next phase.

she slowly climbed up to her window and jumped off to kenma's room with an audible thump. oops! my bad.

it was supposed to be a tragic fall but thankfully kenma, the angel himself, caught her in his arms which led her to be on top of him, on the floor.

"hi?" he confusingly spoke.

"happy birthday!" y/n hugged him tightly as she engulfed the scent he always had, apple pies and sunset.

"thank you," he answered.

"i can't believe i became a fucking shinobi for you," she said earning a giggle from him.

"well, i'm sorry to say ma'am but you just failed the genin exam," he answered.

"well, i'm sorry to say sir but i didn't came here to pass that exam. i came here as your girlfriend," she poked his nose and started standing up and helping him up too.

"well, that! you passed that exam. and you're even qualified to be more than that."

"your super girlfriend?" she joked.

"no,you silly! why did you even bother to stay up this late? i didn't even remember it's already my birthday," he said while slowly sitting on his bed.

"i just wanted to make sure i'll be the first one to greet you starting today and for the rest of you birthdays!! the day you were born is really important to me you know? one day, i'll really thank your parents," she sat beside him.

nobody could really see because his room was dark but she's 100% sure he's blushing and a smile is creeping up his face right now.

"thank you," he spoke in his normal low voice.

"and i'm really sorry i forgot to get you a gift. but that's another reason why i'm here!" she said with a mischievous smile spread all over her lips.

"huh?" he was flustered.

"i'm actually here..." she started hovering closer to him.

"to..." and closer as i he started leaning backwards.

"shower you with birthday kithes!" she spoke as she pinched his cheeks. i swear, his mind went over the wrong places with that action. kenma, you little cunning kitty boiiiii

"and cuddles!! i know you love them," she teased and finally snuggled up together.

he always denied the fact that he loved her cuddles, but he actually do. in fact, he loved it more than she does.

"you didn't have to do this, but i'm glad you did. an hour hasn't even passed yet but my birthday already feels complete. and as much as i love your present, your existence is already a gift to me y/n, thank you," he spoke in a faint voice as his face was buried on the crook of her neck.

she loved it when he's like this. vocal about his feelings but also in his normal low voice. it made her feel special in a very unusual way.

"all for you, my love," the room was filled with silence until five minutes passed.

"kenma, what would you be for halloween? please please please tell me you'd be a kitty boi and wear cat ears and cat tail and put on cute cat paws for me, pleaseee?" y/n was literally the 🥺 emoji for kenma.

"no, y/n. you can't be who you already are for halloween. that's being a party pooper," he teased.

"i'll be a ghost instead," he grinned.

"huh?"

"but you'll be the only one i'll call boo."

hello? cringe department?

💌author's note:

greetings, fellow mortals!! it's me again, but with a birthday special chapter for our best boi ✨🧚‍♀️kenma🧚‍♀️✨

i'm sorry if it's lame but i just also wanted to make this chapter a thank you for almost 100k reads, i didn't expect for this book to be read by people since in all honesty, i impulsively published this book out of boredom and a way to vent out my feelings to this specific kitty boi (i swear, i will never get tired of calling him that) but i'm glad to see that you enjoyed the book as much as i enjoyed making it.

thank you for the comments, especially to those funny ones, it's never failed to make day🥺♥️

i was also thinking about a sequel but then, maybe not?