Ch. 24 Road rash

A/N: I had this chapter written out completely different but didn't like it, plus I wanted to give you all a break. I changed it and hope you all enjoy!

By the time we got into the city, it was getting a little late and the sun was setting. It was close to eight and the sky was turning those beautiful colors off in the horizon and everything just looked so damn beautiful.

I asked Kayla what type of business she needed to take care of and the only thing she said was the guy from the apartments was asking for the money she owes him, so she was coming over here to handle the business.

"Why would they be located in the city?" I wondered.

She looks at me then back at the road. "Well, there's a lot of them fuckers everywhere. Rico's gang or whatever you want to call it is located over here in the city, but it's off the side where it's hidden."

I nod as I kinda understood. "So, what's the issue with the money thing? I mean.. if you don't mind telling me."

Smiling, she nods as she glances at me. "I deal.. drugs." She glances over at me then looks at the road. "The only way I can actually survive in this shit world. I have sources from a drug dealer. I make an offer and deal it with people who use them."

We came to a red light and she looks over at me. "I owe Rico money because I borrowed money from him for some drugs.. I do some shit, but not the hardcore stuff. I never did pay him back."

"So, you're coming over here to give the money back?"

She exhales as the light turns green. "No." She looks at me for a moment before looking at the road. "I'm coming over here to talk to him cause I don't have the damn money to pay him back yet."

Nodding, I kinda understood but decided to let the conversation die out cause I didn't know what else to say.

"That doesn't make you think of me any different, right?" She looks at me. "I deal drugs and.. take some?"

I shook my head as I look at her. "Of course not. Everyone can do whatever they want with their lives."

"Damn," She smiles. "you're awesome."

Smiling, I look out the window as we were driving around. I saw her turn down a road, which was a backroad and it had a lot more buildings behind it, plus some houses.

I look around as she was doing the same, not really familiar with any of these places down here since I never went down the backroads in the city.

As many times as I've been here, I never just rode around and got lost down thise roads that went everywhere around the city.

"Well, this is the place right here." She parked outside of a house. It was a small little house with a few vehicles in the driveway. It had a small little garage and there was a light on, plus a small porch.

It wasn't a bad looking house.

She turned the car off then looks at her phone for a moment before looking back at the house. I watch as she unbuckles her seat belt and looks at me. "I'll be right back."

"I'm not coming?"

"Absolutely not." She shook her head. "This is serious business and I don't want you around these people."

"Why?" I ask, looking at the house.

She looks at me and shakes her head. "Cause these people aren't someone to be messing around with. I don't want you near them. Just stay here."