Chapter 15~Changes

Fanaa's POV.

A week later and Ahmed still hasn't woken up.

At first I thought there was no hope.

Afraid that I'll never get to see his eyes, to feel his touch and have him by my side made me heartbroken and weak.

But I decided to trust Allah the most.

I haven't left his side unless the cops needed to talk to me or if I needed to go get something.

A guy was paid to kill him.

His only enemy was the mafia gang in which Carl was the leader of.

If it's not them I don't know who it is.

What do they get now that they almost killed him? Or should I say they probably think he's dead? Are they satisfied now?

I may never understand what Ahmed went through in his past... But I know for sure that he tried his best to let it go and move on.

He did it for us. He was broken and chattered in pieces. He had no one and he was lost.

He changed for the better, he tried to be the best version of himself.

All he wanted was to be a better person for him and for our relationship to work out.

And they always tried to ruin that.

I just hope that they stop it. That they stop the war that needs to end.

I was sitting by his side never letting go of his hand. I was just staring at him lost in my thoughts.

Sometimes when I talk to myself I wonder if he can hear me.

Someone entered the room which made me turn to see Naina.

"hey... How you feeling?" she asks me.

"hey... I'm good" I said.

She came to me and gave me a card.

"what is that?" I asked taking it from her.

"there's a hotel nearby,go there and fresh up, rest eat something not so healthy... Give yourself a little break" she said.

"No Naina it really isn't necessary I-"

"you've been wearing the same clothes Fanaa and it's been a full week"

I looked at myself and she's right.

"I can't leave him alone" I said looking at him.

She brought her hand on my shoulder.

"Fanaa I know you're afraid that if you leave... he might just leave you as well.. but meri jaan Allah knows what he's doing so push that worry away even if I know it's hard to do so...and I think Ahmed wants to wake up and see his beautiful looking Fanaa first"

She's right. I'll end up loosing myself in the process.

He'll be okay, inshallah.

I just need to let Allah do his job for now.

"okay... I'll go" I said getting up "but promise me you won't leave his side until I come back" I add.

"I won't I promise" she said.

"thank you" I said giving her a quick hug before leaving.

I'll be back soon my love.

***

I went to the hotel and took a hot shower.

Damn, it felt so good.

It's been a while I must say.