Chapter 3

She couldn't take it anymore, hearing the prisoner screams. She had to save him. She couldn’t allow anyone who is innocent to be killed.

Her father forbade her from going to his cell but when he was busy, she started to make her way to the cell. There were no guards, as the prisoner was too weak to move.

The sight of him, crouched at the corner of the cell, bruises blooming all over his body, and the smell of blood in the cell made her heart shattered.

He must've heard her coming because of the way he was trying to make himself small.

She crouched in front of him but he tensed and tried to press himself further in the corner, as if this is going to help him escape.

"Fyrirgefðu, Ég mun vera góður. Forgive me," he pleaded.

"Loki, I'm not going to hurt you."

"No, not Thor," he yelled, and tried to get away.

"Það er aðeins martröð," he kept repeating to himself.

"Loki, I'm Gamora, there is no Thor here. But I need to get you out from here before anyone can notice." She noticed the flinch after hearing his brother's name.

‘What did he do to you that made you afraid of your brother's name?’ she wanted to ask, but now wasn't the right moment.

He shook his head. "This isn't true. He will come and beat me."

"Please, Loki. Trust me, we don't have enough time. You will go back home. "

"Home," he said in a small voice.

"Yes, Loki." She extended her hand for him to take.

He flinched violently and hid his face, afraid that Thanos would appear in front of him.

The blow never came. Maybe this is real, he thought to himself.

He reached for her hand hesitantly. Trying not to flinch, feeling ashamed of himself, how pathetic he was.

"We need to go now before someone comes." He nodded but his legs were hurting him. He felt like crying. That was the only thing he was doing these days.

They walked slowly due to Loki's injuries but she was afraid that someone would see them.

She led him to an area full of ships He didn’t know it existed.

She leads him to the last pod and orders him to get inside. "You will go to a safe place. "

He was terrified. She was going to leave him alone? Like everyone.

She must have seen his hesitation because she said, "Loki , I can't come with you."

"I don't want Thanos to kill someone else."

Suddenly two Chituari came running.

"GOOO!" She yelled at him. He doesn't waste another second, activating the pod while watching her kill the Chitauri.

He didn’t know where this pod would take him. Maybe this was another of Thanos’ plans. Making him believe that he was free, and then he would find himself back in the hands of his torturer.

Panic rose in his chest. He was trying hard to breathe, but he couldn't calm down. What if he got stuck in space? And Thanos found him? Trying desperately to reach for his magic to teleport, but it was so weak.

He heard his mother's voice, singing him a lullaby.

'The sky is dark and the hills are white

As the storm-king speeds from the north to-night,

And this is the song the storm-king sings,

As over the world his cloak he flings:

"Sleep, sleep, little one, sleep;"

He rustles his wings and gruffly sings:

"Sleep, little one, sleep." '

Using his little amount of energy left to reach for his magic , he suddenly felt dizzy. Darkness took over. 
............................

- 'Fyrirgefðu , Ég mun vera góður' means 'i'm sorry , i will be good'

- 'Það er aðeins martröð. ' means it's only a nightmare.