30 | Truth or Dare

Chapter Thirty: Truth or Dare

Stephanie returns to the living room to join Brooke and the others. She had found the bathroom and just washed her face. She sits beside Luke again but gives more space between them than before. She sees that Brooke is busy with Cole. They're whispering things into each other's ears and giggling. Well, Brooke is giggling.

Steph thinks of an idea and pulls out her phone to text Brooke.

Steph: Would you guys stop that.

Brooke feels her phone vibrate so stops playing with Cole to pull out her phone. She gives Steph a quick glance after seeing that the text is from her. She unlocks her phone and reads the text which brings a smirk on her face.

Brooke: Go get your own boyfriend.

She looks at Cole but sees he's now talking to Luke so he hadn't seen the text.
Steph groans when she reads Brooke's reply and that makes Luke shift his gaze to her.

"Are you okay?" He asks.

Steph covers her phone's screen.
"Yes. I'm fine. Don't worry yourself about me," she answers with a fake smile.

Luke looks at her for a few seconds before returning to his conversation with Cole and the other guy who joined them when she went to the bathroom. From what Steph remembers, he's on the football team with Cole and Luke.

Steph: Did Ivy come here when I left for the bathroom?

Brooke: Nope.

Steph: So where's she? We both know she's here.

Brooke: Why would I want to know anything about that Bête Noire's whereabout? She could be in Davy Jones' Locker for all I care!

Steph sighs.

Steph: Ask Luke.

Brooke looks up from her phone to give Steph an incredulous look.

Brooke: Why can't you? You're the one that wants to know, so ask.

Steph: I can't and you should know why so please ask.

Steph watches her read the text before she looks up to meet her eyes. Brooke lets out a defeated sigh.

"Hey Luke."

He looks at her at the mention of his name.

"Where's your girlfriend?" Brooke questions which causes Cole to raise an eyebrow.
Why would she ask about Ivy? He knows she hates her.

"You mean Ivy?"

Brooke raises an eyebrow. "Is there another girlfriend of yours that we don't know about?"

"She should be somewhere around here. She left to get drinks and have not gotten back since then," Luke replies to her earlier question, ignoring the second one.

Brooke shifts her gaze to Steph before looking back at Luke.
"And you're not concerned?"

Luke, Cole and the third guy share a look before bursting into laughter.

"Why would I be? She can take care of herself. She's probably with Aspen."

Brooke gives Steph a look that seems to say 'that's the answer you wanted.'

Steph clears her throat.
"Maybe you should call her, you know, to make sure she's safe. It's a party after all, anything can happen." Steph says without meeting his gaze.

"I guess you're right," Steph hears Luke say as she looks around.

There's a pause before Cole speaks.