Chapter 6

Maddie's POV:

                It's been a week since dad and my brothers have gone to talk to some of their clients. Grandpa had to leave ubruptly. Mom seemed worried when he left but he assured her that he would be fine.

He had to take all the guards with him though and when dad called and found out let's just say that he sounded like he was ready to run the whole way across America to come but mom assured him it's only a couple more days then they'd be home. Mom and I are currently in the living room and I'm showing her some new moves I learned at dance class that day while the TV is playing.

"That was amazing sweetie! By the end of this year I can guarantee that you'll be the best 5 year old dancer!" She exclaimed while hugging me.

"What about when I'm older? Do you think I can be an amazing dancer?"

"I don't think I KNOW that you will be an amazing dancer and your father and I will support you all the way." She said while pulling away from the hug.

"Come on sweetie your father and brothers will be here in an hour and a half do you want to help me make dinner?"

"Yesss!! What are we going to make?" I asked while walking with her to the kitchen until we heard gunshots.

"GET DOWN!!!" Before I could even process what was going on I was tackled to the ground with my mom on top of me. I don't know how long we stayed like that until the front door opened and these men came in and yelled at us to get up.

"Well well well if it isn't Mrs. Blake," one man chuckled. I didn't even realize I was crying until I felt a teardrop hit my arm. "Oh who's that little one? Is that the super secret daughter Mrs. Blake? Shame she has to see this."

He started to walk towards us but my mom said, "don't you dare take one more step because I won't hesitate to kick you in your precious man jewels." I giggled a little at that but stopped when the man looked at me with a little smirk and I think happiness in his eyes? I mean who am I kidding I'm 5 years old I can't tell these things!

"You will step away from your daughter if you want to live. And, she will come over here to me." My mom looked down at me and said, "babygirl you will listen to this man and whatever he asks you or tells you to do you will do it ok sweetie?"

I looked up at the man and back at mom and said, "I'm scared mommy."

"It's alright just do what he says and you'll be fine ok?" I slowly nodded my head and walked over to the man.

"I'm gonna pick you up ok?" All I did was nod. He swiftly picked me up and set me on his hip and said, "you and your husband did a good job this time. Do you know what your daddy does little one?"

"Mhm, he owns a bunch of hotels and casinos," I said with a big smile.

"Ahhhhh ok so that's what he said. I mean he's not wrong don't worry you'll know all about what he REALLY does soon."

"Leave my daughter out of this."

"Ahh but you should know once your in this you stay in it and I promise to take care of her when you're gone. When does your husband come home?"

My mom didn't answer him which I was confused about because she said that I should do what he says so shouldn't mom? I could feel the man tighten his grip on me and when I turned back to him I saw his eyes were really really dark. I got really scared so I put my head in between his neck and shoulder and held onto him tighter.