Chapter 8: Misunderstandings

Douglass

I swallowed, trying to figure out how to answer. I opened my mouth, then closed and it again. Nate seemed to lose his burst of confidence at my silence, and he started to step away, turning bright red. "I'm sorry, I did mean to force myself on yo—"

I surged forward, pressing my lips to his. I pulled away just as fast as I went forward, looking at him nervously. Nate felt right. I just hoped I didn't fuck it up like everything else.

"Merda..." Nate blinked once, then smiled. "I guess that answers my question."

I laughed lightly, feeling my nerves slip away slightly. "I guess it does."

He shifted, clearing his throat. "So... what happens next?"

I looked up at him, biting my lip. "Maybe you could... kiss me again?"

Nate smiled, leaning forward and planting his lips on mine. He rested his hands on my hips, and I put mine on his chest. The kiss was sweet and slow at first, but it turned fast quickly. I started stepping back towards the couch, not realizing the coffee table was so close.

My foot caught the leg of the table, and I lost my balance and fell. Nate shouted, falling on top of me. His head banged into the edge of the table and bounced back off, and he landed sprawled out beside me, pressed against the bottom of the couch.

~~~~~

Nathaniel

I groaned, pressing my hand to my forehead. Douglass gasped when he saw the blood, sitting up frantically and trying to wipe the blood away with his sleeve.

I grabbed his wrist. "Under the bathroom sink. The first aid kit."

He nodded, standing up and rushing towards the bathroom. After a moment of rustling around in the cabinet, he came back with the metal box with first aid supplies.

He dug through it, taking out an old rag to wipe the blood. Once he could see the cut, he drenched a strip of gauze in alcohol and swiped it gently over it. I hissed are the sting, but did my best to stay still as he did his work. Once it was clean, he leaned forward to examine it.

"Well, good thing is that it isn't very deep. You won't need stitches."

I sighed, shoulder sagging. I really could not afford to go to the ER for stitches. "Grazie Dio."

He opened a large bandage, then pressed it over the cut and pulled his hands away. After he put away the first aid kit, he helped me up and sat next to me on the couch.

After a moment of awkwardly sitting there, he broke the silence. "Sorry. I didn't see the table until I was already falling."

"It's fine. We were both kind of distracted."

He nodded, rubbing his arm nervously. Then, he glanced away for a quick moment, then hesitantly kissed me again. I kissed him back happily, both of us moving so we were sitting facing each other on the sofa. I rested my hand back on his hips, but he kept his in his lap. He was probably just nervous and shy.

I pulled him closer to me, and he moved his hand against my shoulder to steady himself. As he got more comfortable, he got bolder. The hand on my shoulder moved to the back of my neck, and his other gripped my upper arm. He moved onto my lap, pushing my back against the armrest.

He hardened the kiss, lips moving fervently against mine. I pressed my tongue into his mouth, and he gasped in surprise. I guess he hand't expected me to have a tongue peircing. At any rate, he got over his surpirse qiuckly and twirled his own tongue against mine.