Finding Betsy - Chapter Three

The irritating chime of the alarm drew Betsy from a deep slumber. Groaning, she turned away from the sound. There was a brief pause lulling her into a false sense of security. And then the irritating jangle blared once more. With a huff, Betsy pulled the pillow from under her cheek and then placed it over her head.

She had been dreaming. A good dream - at least it had felt good. The details were already fading but the sense of peace and contentment lingered. It was a pleasant change. Her heart wasn't thundering like it usually did from her nightmares. 

With the alarm muffled to a bearable level, Betsy released a happy sigh. Heaviness settled into her limbs once more. Nick's bed was comfier than the one in her cottage. If she gave it a few minutes, she knew she could drift back off to sleep.

Fingers suddenly drifted up her sides . Yelping loudly, all thoughts of sleep left Betsy's mind as an involuntary laugh to escape her lips. 

"Nick," Betsy squealed, pulling the pillow off of her face before swinging it towards the head of dark wet hair hovering above her. "Stop it. It's too early." 

With a chuckle, Nick pulled back so that he was hovering over her prone form. "It's seven thirty and, if I remember your schedule correctly, today is a -."

"Work day," Betsy finished with a gasp. 

No longer muffled by the pillow, the alarm's shrill ring assaulted her ears. It grew louder with every repeat.  With a soft curse, Betsy pushed at Nick's damp shoulders. They were firm and unyielding under her touch. Raising her brows, she gave him another light push, but Nick refused to take the cue. Instead, he leaned close, his minty breath caressing her face. 

"Nick! I haven't even brushed my teeth." Betsy protested, as she turned her head away. 

His fingers were gentle on her skin as he turned her face towards him. Nick leaned in closer, his dark eyes holding hers. He paused, their lips a hair's breadth away. "I don't care."

Then, before she could utter another word of protest, he closed the last of the space between them. Betsy closed her eyes instinctively. Her hands, which had been pushing him just a moment before, stilled. And then they were tugging him closer. Betsy tilted her chin to meet his kiss, her lips parting as he angled his head just so. Nick didn't need to be given any instructions and soon his tongue teased against hers. The kiss was slow and languid as Nick explored each and every inch of her mouth. 

It was different to the kisses from the night before. 

 This kiss was slow as they savoured one another yet it was no less  passionate than the frenzied kisses they had shared in the dark. One of Nick's hands caressed along her side before moving to cup her breast, his thumb teasing the sensitive skin. Betsy groaned aloud. Her body ached from the night before but still she wanted more. 

She was surrounded by Nick. 

The smell of his cologne. The taste of him mixed with the mint toothpaste. The sound of his rapid breathing as he pulled away long enough to caress the side her neck with soft teasing kisses. She shivered, tilting her head to the side to give him greater access to her neck. He filled her senses in the best way possible. 

Betsy's body heated as she remembered exactly what his body had been doing to her just a few hours before.

"I'm going to be late," Betsy reminded herself, fighting to regain control of her hormones. 

She opened her eyes but Nick chose that moment to flick his tongue against the juncture of her neck. He knew her weaknesses. Betsy's fingers threaded through his hair as she held him closer.