39

***

***

“We need an idea, something massive. It should be different but better than all our last products.” Ayesha spoke placing the pen on the round table around which few people were seated. They were in the middle of the meeting Mubashir had asked Bilal to arrange. She nodded glancing Mubashir from her periphery making him straighten himself and speak,

“The last products that we had launched wasn't successful. Make sure to get a check of those products and point out the faults. What exactly it lacked.” He took a brief pause and looked around. The employees nodded in agreement, some taking notes of what he was saying while others intently listening to his commands.

“The next project you all have to handle is to present an idea of a new product that would be enough to shake the market.” Mubashir concluded. The people exchanged looks, a bit of hesitation and uncertainty in their eyes. It wasn't something big he has demanded but this time they would work under new leaders and somewhere they all had a doubt on them. Though a little and this wasn't something unknown to Mubashir and Ayesha.

“I understand you all are hesitant to work under us but for once believe us. It's the first thing one should do while working as a team.” Ayesha said eyeing them. Confidence oozing out of her words, her eyes holding a passion to prove herself and themselves.

“Bilal and Harris, I am making you two the team leader. Chose your team and divide the work. We are going on a week tour and I expect the reports of last products to be ready.” Mubashir said making everyone say a quick yes and note down the things he said later. The meeting proceeded for some more time and it was clear that the team was willing to trust them.

“You didn't tell me about the tour?” Ayesha asked as they walked out of the meeting room.

“I just forgot.” He mumbled.

“I hope you don't forget that I am also the heir and CEO of Sultan.” It took him off guard, a look of complete confusion formed on his face hearing her response. He couldn't make out what to say, she too didn't say anything further and in silence they stepped inside the elevator.

“Why did you say that?” Mubashir asked taking a deep breath. He was hesitant to ask the questions and that was clear from his voice. She glanced at him for a second and then returned to staring the closed elevator door.

“Reminded you that this is what I have strived for my whole life. Being at this position, even if I trust you more than anyone I can't let you make all the decisions on your own.” She spoke still looking forward while he was trying to comprehend what had happened to her. She was speaking softly but there was a cold, warning tone in it. He sighed inaudibly and looked down.

“Ayesha I am sorry if I made you feel like I am overpowering you. But believe me I will never take any decision without your consent. And if you're talking about this tour than I really forgot, for that too I am sorry. It wasn't intentional.” Mubashir said still looking down. He knew where that insecurity came from, and he also knew if he would discuss that with her it would lead things in wrong direction.