Chapter 16) The End

*3rd Person P.O.V*

(Again, this chapter is short, sorry)

Grug is startled by another earthquake. The ground is ripping itself apart as meteors begin to fall around him. Grug dodges falling debris and lighting and manages to crawl into a nearby cave-- a familiar place for him.

~

Grug grabs two pieces of flint and starts clicking them together, just as Guy did earlier. They ignite. Grug has created his very first fire.

"Hey, I did it." Grug says pleased with himself.

Another earthquake shakes the cavern. Grug moves over to a wall and uses some nearby mud to paint a portrait of his family. He paints each member individually and then looks longingly at the family he will never see again. The torch begins to go out. Grug blows on it and is startled by the massive Macawnivore beast, growling at him.

"Ahhhh! Back! Stay back! Stay back!" Grug screams frightened.

The Macawnivore blows out the torch. Another meteor hits the cave with a loud boom! The Macawnivore stops growling and starts blowing on the torch along with Grug. It is just as frightened as Grug. Grug reaches out and pets the now gentle carnivorous beast.

~

Grug and the Macawnivore huddle together in a prehistoric armistice. When suddenly, Grug hears the dim tone of Eep's "shell signal." He rushes to the entrance to the cave. He surveys the raging cataclysm outside the cave as the world is being torn asunder. He hears the shell alarm blow two more times. His family is in trouble.

"They're in trouble. Hang on! I'm coming." Grug yells, determined to save his family. And Guy.

The scale of his problem sinks in.

"How do I get across? Gotta think. What would Guy do? What would Guy do?" Something occurs to Grug. "What would I do?"

He absent-mindedly hands the torch to the Macawnivore.

"Hold this." Grug tells the cat handing him the torch.

Grug closes his eyes, and concentrates. The ember of a thought flickers to life in Grug's brain.

"I... have... an... IDEA!" Grug explains.

"Erm?" The cat questions.

(347 words)