8 - Alex, Stop!

DANIEL:

The next day, I called Alex first thing in the morning. I wanted to get done with it as soon as possible. He picked up in three rings.

"Hello," he said.

"Alex, it's me."

"Daniel. Hi... Wh-"

"Where are you?" I asked.

"I'm still in Vegas. I leave this afternoon."

"I need to talk to you. Can you come over?" I asked.

"Of course, I can." He had hope in his voice again.

"Don't get your hopes up. It's not about that."

"Okay. I'll be there in an hour," he said in a dejected tone and hung up.

An hour later, the doorbell rang. I opened the door, and my breath hitched. Alex stood there dressed up in a black suit. That had to be on purpose. As much as I hated formal wear, him being dressed up in a black suit had always been a weakness of mine, and he very well knew that.

The suit hugged his muscles perfectly. The top buttons of his shirt were open, showcasing those defined pecs. He looked so hot, and his intentions were definitely not pure. He walked in and hugged me. I could smell the peppermint cologne he had on. He knew it turned me on. He was playing his cards right, and it was working. I had goosebumps all over my body as I stiffened up like a stick. He let me go and went into the living area.

"You want something to drink?" I asked him.

"JD, if you have some."

I took out a bottle of JD from the liquor cabinet and went into the kitchen to fetch the glasses and some ice. When I was almost done, he came into the kitchen and sat on a barstool.

"It's a nice place you've got here," he said.

"Thanks." I handed him his glass and leaned against the counter. We drank in silence, but there was this unresolved tension between the two of us that got louder and louder by the second. "What?" I finally said, breaking the ice.

"Nothing...just... Don't you miss me?" he asked.

"A little bit. Sometimes..." Alex kept his glass on the kitchen island and came close. He gently caressed my cheek with the back of his hand. "Alex, what are you doing?"

"Don't I have a place in your heart anymore?" he asked softly.

"You do, of course!"

He grabbed me by the collar and rested his forehead against mine. "Then why won't you forgive me, Danny?" His voice was nothing more than a whisper.

"I do. I forgive you, Alex, but I don't love you anymore," I said.

He leaned in and buried his head in the crook of my neck. He gently nuzzled below my ear and kissed my soft spot. He knew my body better than me, and I couldn't help but moan.

"Tell me you don't like this, that you don't want me."

"I don't," I whispered.

"You're lying."

"I'm not."

"I know your body, Danny. You are turned on," he said and bit on my earlobe.

"Alex, STOP!" I tried to push him away, but he pinned me to the counter and held my hands behind my back. He pressed our lips together, and I almost gave in, but Luke popped up in my head. I turned my head to face away from him.

"Fuck me, Danny."

"No."

"Please... One last time... It's been so long since I had you," he said.