Chapter four-Part two

"Okay boys, grandpa is here." Mom shouted from the kitchen, packing the last of the dozen sandwiches she had made for them.

Michael was the first to emerge from the back of the house. " Did you pack Coby and Swiss string cheese?"

Mom lifted the two overflowing picnic baskets and handed him one. Mitch came up from behind her and grab the other basket and kissed her on the cheek, "Did you forget the roast beef?"

She elbowed him gently. " of course, I did I wouldn't want you to look forward to your favorite after a long day of fishing."

Mitch gave her another peck before heading out with Michael close behind. They greeted their grandpa and helped him load the truck.

Their dad and mom came out to see them off "Hey dad be careful."

"Delilah dear when am I not careful you should be telling the boys that they take after that husband of yours than anything." Grandpa winked at his son-in-law and hugged his daughter. " Your mom says she wants a granddaughter before she passes."

She gave him a playful glare. " Tell her not to hold her breath ."

"We do too !" The boys peeked their heads out the window. " Dad do your thing."

Dad came up from behind his wife and rested his head on hers. " Sure thing."

Mom gasped and hit his arm.

Grandpa laughed and walked over to the driver's side and got in, before he pulled off he gave them one last remark. " Try not to make it a double ya hear?"

"DAD!"

He laughed as he pulled off the lot.

—————

After a long six-hour drive the boys and their grandfather made it to their destination.

A hand-built cabin that has been in their family for three generations.

The sun was setting. The songs of the birds began to come to a close and the crickets prepared to take over.

Mitch was the first to unpack his bags and set them up inside.

Just as he was finishing up Michael walked in with his things but instead of unpacking right away, he placed his bags on his bed and cautiously shut the door.

Mitch was puzzled.

Michael turned to his brother with his arms folded. " So what's the plan?"

"Plan?"

"Yeah plan we didn't sacrifice a potential trip out of state for something as lousy as fishing."

Mitch sighed and laid down on his bed . "why not just forget about it?"

"FORGET? you're kidding right?"

"I'm not I mean what if what we saw was nothing or just a prank?"

"A prank? A prank that made you wet your pants?"

Mitch sat up and shot him a glare.

"I don't know about you but I'm pretty sure Halloween is celebrated in October and April fools are celebrated is celebrated in April. It's the middle of May. So unless you can come up with a better excuse I say we get to the bottom of this. What we saw in that forest was no prank. You and I both know this."

Mitch sat up and ran his fingers through his long dark hair. He was a replica of his older brother except his birthmark was in his hair instead of his brow. The hair surrounding his left ear was white as if it was dyed.