Chapter 6

❝Who we are and who we need to be to survive are two very different things

Who we are and who we need to be to survive are two very different things.

- Bellamy Blake, The 100

Amelia = Bold Italic, Finnick = Normal, Katniss = Italic, Peeta = Bold

Amelia's POV

I was surprised that I got any sleep last night. When I opened my eyes, I could see that Finnick was still asleep. When I looked over to Katniss, she was putting her hand near some kind of fog when all of a sudden, she starts screaming.

"Wake up! Run! The fog its poison." Katniss yelled as she helped pull me off the ground. Peeta and Finnick quickly jumped up from their slumber and began running with Katniss and me following closely behind. They all ran from the poisonous fog as quickly as they could, but it soon crowded them.

As Katniss fell Peeta quickly stopped to help her up causing them to both get burned by the toxins

As Katniss fell Peeta quickly stopped to help her up causing them to both get burned by the toxins. As the began running again, Peeta lagged behind and fell to the ground. Katniss held him up and continued running. A good yard away Finnick and I were running side by side when the fog caught up to us causing us to scream but kept running.

Katniss dropped being overwhelmed by supporting Peeta's weight. Finnick and I were quick to get to them helping support Peeta so we could keep running. We ran until they tumbled down a hill. Having a bubbling infection from the fog none of us moved. We were infected and didn't move as the fog grew closer to us. I just squeezed her eyes closed preparing for death.

After a few moments I opened my eyes and the fog had just vanished. I heard Katniss' screams as she pushed herself into the small pond of water. "The water! The water helps." Katniss choked out. I pushed myself towards the water and fell next to Katniss. We both cried out as we rid our bodies of the poisonous bumps. Noticing Peeta joined them doing the same thing I got out of the water and began dragging Finnick.

As I pulled him into the water he screamed and groaned in pain. "We need our weapons." I heard Katniss say but I was busy making sure Finnick was okay. Finally, Finnick healed up enough to pull himself out of the water. I went over to the tree and hit the spile into a tree. I drank some of the water before splashing it onto my face. "You okay?" Peeta asked as he drank from the spile. I nodded and pointed to him asking the same and he just nodded.