02| Well, shit!

"IT'S A TRADITION, they say," Alex said and Amelia raised an eyebrow

“I think it's pretty stupid but you should do it,” Amelia responded, laying on top of him.

“We'll have to decide on a place.”

His hand slipped under her shirt, drawing shapes against her skin.

“A huge no for Cedar’s. It's too expensive.”

He nodded. “That's what I was thinking.”

“What was the name of the one we went to on our first day here?” Amelia asked, eyebrows scrunched as she reached out towards her phone on the side table.

“Yeah, that one was good enough,” Alex agreed.

“It'll be perfect for a party this big. How many people would there be anyways?”

“Eight of my colleagues and maybe the mysterious boss.”

She gasped dramatically.

“The mysterious boss is coming? Damn, Al, that alone should entail a booking at Cedar's,” she whispered.

He snorted out a laugh and she giggled.

“No, I'm serious though,” she began. “It's a big deal if he's coming.”

“I'm not sure if he is. One of my colleagues is in contact with him and he said he'd try to convince him but I've heard he's an asshole. And anyways, I’m not going over my budget just because he might show up.”

Amelia nodded in understanding.

Alex’s mysterious boss had been the subject of both of their jest and intrigue since Alex had gotten the job. Apparently, the CEO of the company operated behind veils and no one had seen him except a select few in the higher positions.

The point had appeared very shady to Amelia in the beginning but now, one month later, Alex had somehow convinced her that the only reason for this very suspicious behavior was that he didn't like catching the attention of the media or getting his pictures taken.

Now, they just laughed whenever this man with no name and no face was discussed.

“Speaking of asshole bosses, how's work?” Alex asked, breaking the silence.

“Wonderful except for those few unfortunate meetings. They're considering me for a promotion.”

His eyes widened, a whole universe glinting in the blues.

“What the hell? That is so wonderful, Am. That has got to be the fastest promotion ever. I'm so proud of you.”

He captured her lips in a kiss, his smile somehow growing brighter.

“Thank you,” she whispered once he let go.

“I'm so damn proud,” he said once again and Amelia was sure she was glowing.