Ch. 52 - Light in my Life

reading all yalls comments is just the best thing :) im so glad you all enjoy this book!

on with anotha chap !

-C.W.
——————————————————————————
Roselyn

I gasped turning around to see Logan fuming with rage.

The last bit of sunlight shined on my angry mate.

He stomped toward us furious. "I told you to stay the fuck away from her."

"Logan stop." I ordered stepping in front of Chase.

His chest touched my hands and he tried to move forward but I kept him at a distance from us.

"What are you going to do Harris? Or should I call you Blood Alpha?" Chase growled trying to get under his skin.

"Your dead." Logan snarled.

I pushed him harder digging my feet into the ground.

"Stop it. Don't you dare." I struggled pushing him back.

Surprisingly Logan had stopped fighting me but I fell into him.

He wrapped his arms around me bring me behind him.

"Let's get one thing clear punk." Logan snarled getting in his face. "Roselyn is my mate. She's mine. You better back off or I will kill you."

Chase stepped to Logan's face too.

"You will never be good enough for her. All you know is killing, you don't know how to love. Your a murderer. A selfish, toxi—."

My eyes widened. "Chase!"

I couldn't believe what I was hearing from my best friend.

I'd never seen or heard Chase be this way before.

They looked at each other with so much hate. Chase was smaller than Logan by size and height but he wasn't budging.

"She'll never be yours." Logan spat. "Only reason I'm letting you live right now is because your her friend."

Chase laughed. "She hasn't made her choice yet. Her and I have been betrothed since she was born. We belong together."

"Sure you might've believed that but she left you at the alter." Logan smirked.

Oh jesus.

"At least I got her to the alter!"

"Her father commanded it. It doesn't count."

"Chase." I spoke up.

He broke eye contact from Logan to look at me with hope in his eyes.

"I'm sorry. But I, Logan and I..." I gulped not even finishing my sentence.

A wave of hurt washed over his eyes and I saw the little boy who followed me around when we were kids.

The one who vowed to protect me forever. Who vowed to love me only.

But I couldn't return his feelings then and I couldn't return them now.

His eyes turned to rage. "Your just as naive and stupid as your father said you were."

And he bolted off into the trees shifting into his wolf.

I couldn't believe he just said that to me.

My best friend using my dads words to hurt me because I didn't choose him.

I looked down sadly letting go of Logan's arm.