17th

Og posted on ao3 (chrispy_channie)

The sun was hot, beating down onto Felix's tan skin. His light brown hair, a little damp with sweat, stuck limply to his forhead.

He had just finished digging out all the crops from the feild. Granted it took a very long time, he persisted and now had a great harvest to sell in the market.

Felix quickly wiped the sweat off his brow, the sun was almost too hot to be bearable anymore. Meaning he'd definitely have to go inside soon. It's also almost time to make lunch for his father. Oh and theres still chickens to feed and collect the eggs from.

Ever since Felix's father had fallen ill he's had to do all the farm work alone. It took a lot out of him but after a while it just became routine.

Felix sat down for a quick rest, he was certain his father wouldn't mind waiting a few more minutes to eat. He pulled out an apple and was just about to take a bite into it then he heard something.

Shouting? Breaking of twigs? Hooves?

One or maybe all three of those were possible. What shocked Felix was a horse jumping over the old broken fence and into the feild.

It was more surprising to see a rider. Felix didn't generally see people around where he lived often. Usually it was him and his father plus the odd traveller or two. Certainly not someone on a horse which on closer inspection looked to be a palace horse.

Felix watched as the man stumbled off the horse and ran up to him.

"You've got to help me!" He ran up to him with an alarmed look on his face

"W-what?" Felix looked up the man was wearing a white shirt with a cloak. A hood was covering his face meaning he couldn't see his features.

"You heard me, quick" Felix noted the man's accent. It was not one of the countryside which he was used to. It was more refined, polished even.

"Ok ok"  Felix jumped up grabbing the man's hand. He noted how significantly bigger it was than his own. "You're not going to like me for this"

"Wha-" before the man could finish his reply Felix pushed him into a hay mount he'd raked this morning

"Stay"

As Felix ran back to the horse he thought. Why the hell was he even helping this man? Was it the fact that his horse was from the palace? He could be a criminal?

Not long after Felix managed to grab the reign of the horse and steady him a group of men came riding up to him. 

They all had horses from the palace and were dressed in very fine garments.

"Can I help you at all, sir?" Felix asked bringing a hand up to shield his eyes from the sun.

The man he'd spoke to got down from his horse, he was just smaller than Felix and had dark black hair.

"Yes you can, by any chance have you seen the rider of that horse?" The short man asked pointed to the horse Felix was holding.

Now Felix had a choice, does he lie to royalty? Or does he help the man? He looked desperate.

Fuck it

"No sir, the horse came here distressed and without a rider" Felix lifted a hand to mess with the small bumble bee pendant on his necklace. A nervous habit, if anyone noticed they'd know for certain he was lying.

Thankfully the guard only nodded

"If you happen to see a man with black curly hair around please bring him to us" he said with a nod before getting back on his horse.