New blood and a legend

With Adam out for the remainder of the games, we had one spot opened for an offensive player

With Adam out for the remainder of the games, we had one spot opened for an offensive player. That spot wasn't vacant for long as within the hour of losing Adam to an injury we had our good friend Russ added to the roster. With a shot that could kill, everyone was excited to have Russ on our team, even Adam.

Russ was very much like me.
Well unless you count the fact that he is a bloke and is a whole different race.
But apart from that, we are quite similar.

Despite the new player, I was still upset about the whole Charlie thing.
We still haven't talked.
I almost feel like a piece of my heart is missing.
I think this is way more than a crush.

-

3rd person POV

The U.S.A. leading Russia two-to-one here in the third period.
Russ Tyler, Team U.S.A.'s newest member from Los Angeles calling for the puck. He gets it.
He winds up.
He shoots.
He scores.!

Elyse's POV

HE SHOOTS AND HE SCORES!

And with that, we were heading to the grand final. The team skated out onto the ice and started celebrating. I played a pretty good game, I think, I got a couple of steals and was able to put off some players with my mind games.

We all made our way back into the change rooms. Coach stopped us just out the front of the door,

"I told him no visitors, but he wanted to congratulate you anyway." Coach said as he opened the door.

I was dumbstruck.
Well everyone was.

"That's Wayne Gretzky."He all whispered

We all run up to him and bombard him with questions.

"Can I shake your hand?"Jesse asked

"How ya doin'?"

After answering a couple of questions we all gathered up for a group photo with the one and only.

"Say, hockey." The photographer says

"Hockey!"

A/N Sorry guys it's a really short chapter!
We're getting down to the final chapters of this book and the past updates have just been fillers for what's about to come.
I'm not going to spoil anything but I'll just say I think you guys are going to love the ending :)