MAHADAAN

The next morning Karna offered his morning prayers near the river saraswati, after that he moved towards the table where gold coins, jewels etc were kept for his usual Daan.

"KOI BRAHMIN, KOI YACHAK, KOI BHIKSHUK YA KOI DARIDRA, KOI BHI HAI JO MERE HATHO SE DAAN SWIKAR KARKE MUJH PAR ANUGRAH KAR SAKE ?" Karna called with joined hands.

"MAI AAP PAR ANUGRAH KAR SAKTA HU, SURYAPUTRA." Ashwathama said coming towards Karna. He wasn't in his armour today but in a brahmin's outfit.

"MAI EK BRAHMIN HU, MUJHE DAAN DEKE APKO PUNYA HI MILEGA

"MAI EK BRAHMIN HU, MUJHE DAAN DEKE APKO PUNYA HI MILEGA." Ashwathama said smirking.

"KYA DAAN CHAHIYE TUMHE ASHWATHAMA DHAN YA-" Karna said pointing towards the plates but was interrupted by Ashwathama.

"MUJHE INME SE KISI MAI BHI RUCHI NAHI HAI." Ashwathama interjected rudely.

"TOH KISME RUCHI HAI TUMAHARI ?" Karna asked narrowing his eyes.

"MUJHE TOH KEVAL AAPKE KAVACH AUR KUNDAL MAI HI RUCHI HAI, YEH MUJHE DAAN KAR DIJIYE." Ashwathama said smiling evily.

"KINTU YEH MERE SHARIR SE JUDE HUYE HAI." Karna said.

"WOH MAI NAHI JANTA, YA TOH APNA KAVACH KUNDAL DAAN MAI DO YA YUDH NA KARO. NIRNAYE AAPKA HAI, RAN KA TYAG KIJIYE YA KAVACH KE RAKSHAN KA." Ashwathama said. Karna said nothing and smiled, confusing Ashwathama.

Karna removes and throws the white cloth around his body to the ground, he takes out the small dagger hanging in his hips. He brings the dagger near his ears and cuts the skin attached to his kundal. The blood oozes out and spills on his bare chest and ground, he does the same to the other ear to remove the kundal. He takes both the kundal and gives it to Ashwathama, who takes it happily.

Karna spreads his arm and the golden Kavach appears on his body, glowing brightly like the sun itself. He takes the dagger down his collar bone area, dragging the dagger down and tearing his skin apart. He screams in agony as he rips the Kavach and the some skin apart from his body.

The kavach glows by a 1000 times more, Ashwathama closes his eyes, if not he will be blinded by it

The kavach glows by a 1000 times more, Ashwathama closes his eyes, if not he will be blinded by it. But even with the closed eyes the light was too much to withstand. As the lights dimmed he slowly opened his eyes and saw Karna standing their with the glowing Kavach in his hand although his entire body was covered in blood, he still had a smile on his face. Ashwathama was beyond shock seeing him.

 Ashwathama was beyond shock seeing him

"YEH LO ASHWATHAMA." Karna said weakly. Ashwathama took the glowing kavach from him, although it was Karna who ripped the Kavach apart from his body, the hands that were shaking belonged to Ashwathama.

"RADHEY !!!" A voice screamed, they both turned their heads and found Amarsri who stood there with wide eyes.
-------------------------------
A/N
THE DAAN THAT MADE HIM DANVEER.

क्षुधार्त रतिदेव ने दिया करस्थ थाल भी,
तथा दधीचि ने दिया परार्थ अस्थिजाल भी।
उशीनर क्षितीश ने स्वमांस दान भी किया,
सहर्ष वीर कर्ण ने शरीर चर्म भी दिया।
अनित्य देह के लिए अनादि जीव क्या डरे?
वही मनुष्य है कि जो मनुष्य के लिए मरे॥

(AN EXTRACT FROM MANUSHYATA POEM BY MAITHALI SHARAN GUPT)

THIS IS THE FIRST UPDATE FOR TODAY.
VOTING IS OPTIONAL BUT APPRECIATED.
STAY SAFE ❤️